Swim Pals!

Options
JaedinM wrote: »
Hello,

So I just had a an epiphany. While I was on the swim team in high school I worked out vigorously! Every morning and every night. During this time I ate all kinds of bad food (pizza, cake, junk food) because hey I was in high school I was untouchable. Oh how I miss that carefree spirit. But anyway during that time I was at my lowest weight 143lbs I fluctuated 3 or so pounds every other time. I want to get back into that habit! I didn't realize how thin I was! I'm trying to incorporate swimming back into my life so I can reach my goal faster. But no junk food this time :#. Are there any swim fitness pals that have a daily routine or advice that they could pass on? I juggle a life of work and school so it's pretty hard. But I know there's some experts in our community. Happy fitness journey!

Replies

• shelbybens28
    Options
    I used to teach swim lessons during the summers. I know what you mean! I would swim warm up laps before the kids got there, swim and tread water all day while teaching, and swim cool off laps before I left! Of course I only had one break for lunch and by the time it rolled around I was just too tired to eat much. I know that wasn't good but I was definitely at my thinnest and rocking my bikini under my teaching shirt! Now that my son is big enough to learn to swim I plan on getting back in a routine. I plan on taking our daily walk as a warm up ( we usually walk about a mile) then hitting the pool for laps and mommy and me time. I make sure to pack healthy, protein packed snack bags for the both of us! Good luck

• JaedinM
    Options
    I used to teach swim lessons during the summers. I know what you mean! I would swim warm up laps before the kids got there, swim and tread water all day while teaching, and swim cool off laps before I left! Of course I only had one break for lunch and by the time it rolled around I was just too tired to eat much. I know that wasn't good but I was definitely at my thinnest and rocking my bikini under my teaching shirt! Now that my son is big enough to learn to swim I plan on getting back in a routine. I plan on taking our daily walk as a warm up ( we usually walk about a mile) then hitting the pool for laps and mommy and me time. I make sure to pack healthy, protein packed snack bags for the both of us! Good luck

Thanks for replying! That's awesome! The bikini under the teaching shirt is hilarious. I'm sure having this experience with your son is very fun. You'll reach your goal quicker than you realize. I was having the same idea of maybe doing 15-30 minutes of treadmill jogging before I hit the laps. Thanks for your insight and advice. Happy fitness journey.