Zumba!!

Options
Hello! My name is Nicole. I do Zumba pretty much everyday in the afternoon. I count my calories and watch what I eat. I have lost 6 lbs already! Zumba does help you burn!

Replies

• KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Zumba is pretty much my go-to exercise. It's the only one I've actually stuck with. I've tried other things but always end up going back to Zumba.
  • SallyPDXer
    SallyPDXer Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Zumba is amazing. I go through phases where I do it for a while and then quit. I am currently in a phase of doing it several days a week and working up to every day. It has helped me maintain during the holidays instead of gain and now I'm focusing on my food intake so I can actually lose weight. I need to keep it up because it makes me feel great!
  • Pascal56
    Pascal56 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba. Although I primarily focus on lifting weights, I take Zumba classes 2-3 times a week because it's fun.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba on my XBOX 1 and I do it almost every day...it's great!
  • labgeekj80
    labgeekj80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just bought the Zumba program for Xbox one and I am hooked.
  • secquoria
    secquoria Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I bought the zumba DVDs with the maracas from Walmart today; looking forward to starting a new routine.
  • jackie26us
    jackie26us Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I've been doing it off and on for a few years. I use DVD's--have the original one and the exhilarate. It is the only exercise I really love and that I see the most results from. In the past I have lost 20 inches off my body in about 3 months doing Zumba. We'll see what the results will be this time and I plan on doing it for life.
  • LadyLots2Lose
    LadyLots2Lose Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple of Zumba classes with friends and really enjoyed them (even if I was rather uncoordinated). So, I bought Zumba for Wii on sale a couple of years ago. In hindsight I would have been better off getting the DVDs though. In the Wii version I have, the image of the instructor and the background change colour with the beat of the music. It makes it very difficult to distinguish what some of the moves are and almost impossible to follow at times.
  • jackie26us
    jackie26us Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've done a couple of Zumba classes with friends and really enjoyed them (even if I was rather uncoordinated). So, I bought Zumba for Wii on sale a couple of years ago. In hindsight I would have been better off getting the DVDs though. In the Wii version I have, the image of the instructor and the background change colour with the beat of the music. It makes it very difficult to distinguish what some of the moves are and almost impossible to follow at times.

It can be hard to distinguish. I started off with the Wii version of Zumba to see if I liked it. The DVD's give you a harder workout, but the Wii was a good starting point. I didn't want to spend a lot of money if I didn't like it so the Wii enabled me to try it without spending too much money

• ashoona
    ashoona Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I've just started zumba up again and love the classes, the time just flies by! I'm going to a new instructor who has a different style to my old one, she incorporates squats and lunges into a our routines. I don't mind as I feel like I get more of a burn but some bits feel less like crazy dancing and more like a workout. Has anyone else been to classes like that? Or is that normal zumba and my old instructor just never did it?
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    LOVE Zumba, it's the only one I can stick to at home! Does anyone have a fitness band on while doing this? My fitness band calories burned vs what MFP and my wii game are so different!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I must say I am a zumba fan as well. It does burn calories and I have fun with the dancing. I love the world mix disc for the Zumba Exhilarate dvd set. I do pretty much that one every time. Love the moves to the different ethnicities.
  • crunnerwv
    crunnerwv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had never tried zumba, but was looking for a workout I could include my kids in so they weren't interrupting me every five minutes. Found a video on youtube and we had a great time! It was hilarious! They dance as bad as I do. :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    crunnerwv wrote: »
    I had never tried zumba, but was looking for a workout I could include my kids in so they weren't interrupting me every five minutes. Found a video on youtube and we had a great time! It was hilarious! They dance as bad as I do. :)

The best thing about Zumba is you don't have to be a "Dansah." And you will have a great time burning a lot of calories.

I teach Zumba and Aqua Zumba and people leave the class in the best moods.
  • Ja_ja_jakeya
    Ja_ja_jakeya Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it!!! It's the only exercise I can do that doesn't feel like exercise <3
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ashoona wrote: »
    I've just started zumba up again and love the classes, the time just flies by! I'm going to a new instructor who has a different style to my old one, she incorporates squats and lunges into a our routines. I don't mind as I feel like I get more of a burn but some bits feel less like crazy dancing and more like a workout. Has anyone else been to classes like that? Or is that normal zumba and my old instructor just never did it?

I have 3 different instructors and their styles are all unique. One of them puts a lot of emphasis on Latin music and moves while another instructor treats each type of music/style equally. They all vary in intensity as well. I would consider 2 of them more "advanced Zumba" instructors. I also find that they feed off the energy of the class - if they find people enjoying more of the fitness moves, then they cater to that.
  • fayeth1st
    fayeth1st Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Nicole. I do Zumba pretty much everyday in the afternoon. I count my calories and watch what I eat. I have lost 6 lbs already! Zumba does help you burn!

• fayeth1st
    fayeth1st Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I'm new to MFP and zumba is my main source of exercise. I've only lost 1lb so far but it's only been 12 days. I'm content that if I stick to it more weight will come off. Do you know hot accurate the wt loss predictor is?
  • Lindy0070
    Lindy0070 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    That's good to know. Am off sick at the moment but hoping to go back to Zumba classes next week. Hope to shift my 65 pounds sooner the better !!! :-)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to teach Aqua Zumba. Zumba in the Water! Whoo whoo! I just got approved for 4 different pools' sub lists. B)