Real fast Breakfast

Options
Breakfast is always the hardest meal of the day for me. I'm up early, usually always in the cold, and can never wake up earlier then i need to. I have been eating the usually toaster type blocks of breakfast and the calories are low but thanks to logging I am seeing the 600 of sodium. Can anyone suggest some healthier options for something i can microwave or toast and get out the door. I've tried cold options but it sucks when you outside working.

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    try doing a boiled egg the night before, slam it in between two slices of whole grain bread + cheese & ham, pop into microwave as you walk out the door.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Mini bagel, cream cheese and coffee
    Home baked muffins/breakfast bread (banana, muesli, etc) and coffee
    Protein bar
    Protein shake
    Crack an egg into a muffin tin filled with sliced ham. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Handheld omelet! Good with cheese on top. Make a whole batch and microwave as you go.
    Make a big batch of steel cut oats. Heat up and toss in a thermos/microwave container. Season/throw in add-ins as you wish.
  • p0ck3t
    p0ck3t Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oats - you can find tons of recipes online. Make the night before or 4-5 a week before. You can eat them cold if you're really in a rush or pop them in the microwave real quick for a hot breakfast on a cold morning.
  • kmalcolm12
    kmalcolm12 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I do coffee and 1-2 whole wheat eggos with either whipped peanut butter or whipped cream cheese (both lower in calories). Sometimes with a banana. I know it's not the greatest but I have to wake up at 5 am and it holds me over until around 10
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    kmalcolm12 wrote: »
    I do coffee and 1-2 whole wheat eggos with either whipped peanut butter or whipped cream cheese (both lower in calories). Sometimes with a banana. I know it's not the greatest but I have to wake up at 5 am and it holds me over until around 10

Omfg, I'm gonna have to try this out sometime.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    Options
    Breakfast is always the hardest meal of the day for me. I'm up early, usually always in the cold, and can never wake up earlier then i need to. I have been eating the usually toaster type blocks of breakfast and the calories are low but thanks to logging I am seeing the 600 of sodium. Can anyone suggest some healthier options for something i can microwave or toast and get out the door. I've tried cold options but it sucks when you outside working.

also, have you looked into intermittent fasting? you might do well with this; you would skip breakfast altogether. look it up :smile:
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    all great suggestions! i have never head about overnight oats, they look awesome
  • HockeyGoalie35
    HockeyGoalie35 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

also, have you looked into intermittent fasting? you might do well with this; you would skip breakfast altogether. look it up :smile:

I Usually end up burning 600-900 calories just walking alone at work, plus the actual labor and my workouts at night. If i dont have breakfast there is no way i can stick to a meal plan that day. Used to do it and would end up with a 2000 calorie lunch
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    gzzvxd5nr4bp.jpg

-Baked eggs from the day before
    OR
    -Bread and bologna and mustard or mayo for a sandwich.
    OR
    -What you are already eating and forget about the sodium. Only a fraction of the
    population needs to worry about sodium.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    Options

I Usually end up burning 600-900 calories just walking alone at work, plus the actual labor and my workouts at night. If i dont have breakfast there is no way i can stick to a meal plan that day. Used to do it and would end up with a 2000 calorie lunch

yes it is difficult to stay in-calorie at first. i did IF for years and absolutely loved it. i worked-out fasted every day. i am trying a new plan put together by a friend right now and must eat breakfast, otherwise would still be IF'ing. :smile:
  • colubridlady
    colubridlady Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this will help or not, but I've taken to making breakfast (oatmeal) the night before. I take 1/2 cup Quaker 3-minute steel cut oats plus 1/2 cup almond milk and mix it with some type of fruit, usually frozen strawberries (for the extra juice that comes with it) and a small amount of brown sugar and cinnamon. Leave it overnight in the fridge and the oats soak up most of the liquid. In the morning, I add more milk if needed and I microwave it for 1.5 minutes (ours is an old 700 watt oven - probably less time for most people). Top with a few pecans, or other nuts, and it's done. Hot breakfast in less than 2 minutes. It is almost a 500 calorie breakfast, so that might not work for you, but it keeps me full until lunch (even when I'm doing high-intensity morning workouts).
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I like to bake once or twice per week. I make muffins, bagels, scones, or similar. Then in the morning I just grab that or a protein bar.