What are some of YOUR bizarre food combinations?

Options

Replies

• SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    2. I add carrots to my oats. I also add cinnamon, sweetener, sultanas and walnuts so it's like a carrot cake but people just balk at the carrots.

I love carrot cake oatmeal - sometimes I add a little apple as well. I think I might have that for breakfast tomorrow!

Peanut butter and shredded carrot sandwich (on toast so the p-nut butter gets all melty)

Grilled applesauce sandwich - just like grilled cheese, but with applesauce and a little cinnamon.

I don't eat it anymore, but when we were kids we loved it when we got cream cheese and grape jelly sandwiches in our lunchboxes.

I still make cream cheese jelly sandwiches. Awesomeness.
  • Zhost
    Zhost Posts: 97
    Options
    When I was younger I would eat PB 'n cheetos sandwhich, amazing.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Bison burger on a whole wheat bun with goat cheese, butter lettuce and blueberry compote. My husband thinks I am nuts, but hot damn the blueberry on the burger tastes like heaven to me.

geez that sounds good, blueberry with game meat works great
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    2. I add carrots to my oats. I also add cinnamon, sweetener, sultanas and walnuts so it's like a carrot cake but people just balk at the carrots.

I love carrot cake oatmeal - sometimes I add a little apple as well. I think I might have that for breakfast tomorrow!

Peanut butter and shredded carrot sandwich (on toast so the p-nut butter gets all melty)

Grilled applesauce sandwich - just like grilled cheese, but with applesauce and a little cinnamon.

I don't eat it anymore, but when we were kids we loved it when we got cream cheese and grape jelly sandwiches in our lunchboxes.

I still make cream cheese jelly sandwiches. Awesomeness.

Gosh yes. I love them. Just don't have them much because they are not filling at all for the calories. My son gets one most days for lunch too...
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Maybe not weird, but definitely not normal - oreos with peanut butter. Yummy!
  • attemptingfierce
    attemptingfierce Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love baked beans with french fried onions. So salty but so good.
  • 3Alice3
    3Alice3 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Banana dipped in a toffee yoghurt - mmm banoffee :)

Iceberg lettuce dipped in tomato ketchup..

Can't think of any more right now !
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This thread reminded me of how much I loved canned tuna with ketchup and horseradish as a child. Guess what I had for lunch. :)
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything for some reason, but this does remind me of my dad. One time when we were on vacation he made a sandwich with bologna mustard and mayo not to weire yet until he also put on some ketchup, peanut butter, jelly, ham, tomato, tuna fish, lettuce, onions, pickles and a fried egg. How on earth he fit this sandwich into his mouth I don't know, but the gross thing he said he like it and so he made another and ate that one too. He was known for being gross.
  • itsanewdayforme
    itsanewdayforme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sweet baked beans on toasted garlic bread.
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    May not be weird where I live, but some of my online friends thought it was peculiar that we never have greek yogurt sweetened, and that we use it as a sandwich spread, a sandwich of only bread, plain full fat greek yogurt, tomato slices, and probably some mint leaves.

Things I would never combine:
    Not a single granule of sugar in marinara sauce or salad dressings (unless it's a coleslaw)
    Gravy on mashed potatoes ruins the simplicity of mashed potatoes taste.

My personal weird stuff:
    Making oatmeal in tea rather than water. My personal favorite is chai tea.
    Banana sandwich. Just a banana with a drizzle of honey in a pita pocket.
    Dill pickles in soup
    Steamed rice + yogurt, no other additions

As a child, that was normally one of my first meals after having been ill - banana and honey sandwiches are fantastic!
  • Jagerin
    Jagerin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I make some long grain rice, then fry it with a little butter in a hot pan (let the butter melt a little before putting the rice in), then top it with about half a tablespoon of soy sauce, mix it up really well for a few minutes, then top it with some diced tomatoes and let it cook for about 3-5 minutes.

I also like taking hot popcorn and eating it with a glass of ice cold milk. I can't eat popcorn without milk. Sometimes I dip the popcorn in the milk. Sometimes I eat it together like cereal. And sometimes I like to stuff my mouth with the popcorn and then take a drink of milk and let the milk dissolve the popcorn enough to chew it up.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I like to dip everything in ranch. I can't really think of anything too bizarre right now.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    ryanhorn wrote: »
    Oatmeal and scrambled eggs...like mixed together. Heavenly.

I do this all the time for weekend breakfasts, but I do my eggs over easy, so I can mix the runny yolks in with the oats. Or farina, which I sometimes use. I also add bacon when I have some around.

Peanut butter in el-cheapo ramen noodles. Chicken or beef work best, and you should drain off about half the liquid. Makes a budget Thai-esque dish.
  • Sdrotty
    Sdrotty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I really like a peanut butter sandwich with sliced garlic. im a weirdo.
  • Sdrotty
    Sdrotty Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    when we were little my dad would put rice in applesauce for us. still love it!
  • Sweetnothing78
    Sweetnothing78 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Ruffles potato chips with grape jelly or just stuff them on a pbj
  • Nekrachael
    Nekrachael Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Roasted beets with a fried egg on top. I could eat this three meals a day right now.
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    Ruffles potato chips with grape jelly or just stuff them on a pbj

That actually sounds so good! I love peanut butter, jelly and potato chip sandwiches! :p
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    hot cross bun with cheese and jam
    beef mince mixed with baked beans and cheese served with toast or potato waffles to dip into it

i also like scrambled eggs mixed with cheese and ketchup