fitbug orb ????

Hi was wondering if I could get feedback from anyone on the fit bug orb is it worth buying thank you :):)

Replies

• TwizzleBit
    TwizzleBit Posts: 23 Member
    My husband bought me one of these today. I can't figure out how to get it to sync with My Fitnesspal. It's registered the steps I took walking through a shoe store, but not sure when it's supposed to upload the data to MFP.
    I'll let you know what I think and stuff when I actually get to grips with it and all it's button mashing.
  • i've had once since xmas, for accurate steps you need to use the belt clip and not the wrist strap, so i swap between the two at night (wriststrap for sleep) ... steps are accurate in comparison to mapmywalk. Having trouble getting it to sync with myfitnesspal. I think its only supposed to log nutrition in the fitbug app, not push steps through to MFP.
  • just seen this from fit bug site..

... Note: Data is not transferred in real time. Data is synced four time a day, every six hours. All times are in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)

- Midnight
    - 6AM
    - Noon
    - 6PM
  • jack0912
    jack0912 Posts: 46 Member
    Thank you :)
  • marwoo72
    marwoo72 Posts: 2 Member
    Sorry to hijack the thread, is your calories burned data being sent to MFP? My food diary data is going to Fitbug, but nothing seems to be going the other way. I just wondered if you had had to do anything to enable two way traffic?
  • marwoo72
    marwoo72 Posts: 2 Member
    More searching answered my own question! You need to change a setting:

Enable negative calorie adjustments: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings