New Fitbit User

Options
I am a new fit bit user and I find it so confusing to figure out now how many calories I should be eating a day. Before fit bit I was at 1200 a day and not loosing weight. Synced my fit bit and myfitnesspal. If I don't eat enough calories I get the warning from myfitnesspal; if I eat enough for myfitnesspal;then I am either at goal or eaten too much according to fit bit. I am so confused. Am I eating not enough or too much. Either way with exercise I'm not loosing weight.

Replies

• vgnfarmer
    vgnfarmer Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I don't use fitbit's calorie count. It's sim
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Did you go to the settings area and click the 'allow negative adjustments' setting? myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

How did you arrive at 1200 calories as a goal, did you set it yourself or use a pound per week setting that put you there?
  • vgnfarmer
    Options
    simpler to just use one (for me at least). I let fitbit activity adjust mfp calories and stick with mfp count...
  • vgnfarmer
    Options
    I am quite active so I have MFP activity level set to active and then fitbit will usually add 100 or 200 cal more based on activity. You can play around with it. The only thing to watch out for is if you are very active early in the day fitbit might give you a ton of calories and then that number will dwindle if your activity level goes down
  • jen48135
    jen48135 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @sheepotato Yes I allow for negative adjustments and myfitnesspal set the calories lbs per week.
  • jen48135
    jen48135 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @vgnfarmer Thank you!
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    If you weren't losing at 1200, usually you either didn't give it enough time, were missing a lot of your actual intake, were retaining water from hard workouts which offset fat loss on the scale, or don't have any spare fat to lose. Could it be one of those?