Any pcos or Hypothyroidism sufferers out there?

Options
Would love to support each other in this battle of the buldge.
Im 24..need to lose over 100lbs. Would love to swap some tips with everyone and keep each other going :)
Please add me as i haven't figured out how to yet (newbie) lol
Xxx

Replies

• DrTiffanyBarnes
    Options
    Hi I'm also hypothyroid. Idk what pcos is. I'm gonna try eating no refined sugar and add more fruits and veggies. Also trying vitamin d and green coffee extract and running
  • kirstieannlittle
    kirstieannlittle Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Polycystic ovarian syndrome.
    Yes same here :) ive been told about vit D to! Seems like everytime i get my levels checked i need more levothyroxine
  • DrTiffanyBarnes
    Options
    That sucks. I'm hoping exercise and whole foods will help. I gained 10 lbs in one month
  • kirstieannlittle
    Options
    Ahh i know the feeling! When i started to really change things today and weigh myself i was disgusted! And i didnt have a horrible diet to be that way! Just need more fruit and veg and hopefully ill be on my way!
  • dylangrrrrl
    dylangrrrrl Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi kirstieannlittle! I also have PCOS and was on Metformin for a while but after stopping during pregnancies am trying to avoid getting back on it. I'm just starting to experiment with protein/carb balance and timing my mini meals. I'm 40 years old and have been told I am hypoglycemic. Feel free to add me, my diary is open.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Join http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis here on MFP for lots of good PCOS info, help, ideas and rants.
  • kirstieannlittle
    Options
    Hi kirstieannlittle! I also have PCOS and was on Metformin for a while but after stopping during pregnancies am trying to avoid getting back on it. I'm just starting to experiment with protein/carb balance and timing my mini meals. I'm 40 years old and have been told I am hypoglycemic. Feel free to add me, my diary is open.

Hey, my journey on here is mainly as i am currently ttc my first. Im being put on met in 2 weeks time. Trying to get healthier as well! Im so gutted i never tried to gain control of both conditions when i was diagnosed at 15. Just letting them slip. But gaining back control now :) - feel free to add me.. It wont let me add anyone :( xx
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I'm 24 sw188 trying to lose 50 lbs currently doing insanity
  • kirstieannlittle
    Options
    DJ478 wrote: »
    I'm 24 sw188 trying to lose 50 lbs currently doing insanity

Feel free to add me! Im new i cant figure out how lol. Everytime i try to see someones profile it comes up blank :( so strange!
  • kirstieannlittle
    Options
    Alliwan wrote: »
    Join http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis here on MFP for lots of good PCOS info, help, ideas and rants.

Thank you i just joined :)
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm hypothyroid, though I started out hyperthyroid, and its been a difficult losing weight. I am currently down 83lbs from my highest weight of 230. I typically have to stay under a thousand calories to lose weight and workout. I also avoid soy as much as I can.
  • kirstieannlittle
    Options
    acquilla30 wrote: »
    Hi I'm hypothyroid, though I started out hyperthyroid, and its been a difficult losing weight. I am currently down 83lbs from my highest weight of 230. I typically have to stay under a thousand calories to lose weight and workout. I also avoid soy as much as I can.

Ahh me to calorie wise. I feel i always have to go to the extreme just to lose weight!
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Ahh me to calorie wise. I feel i always have to go to the extreme just to lose weight!

This is my second go on here. Last time I tried, I got so frustrated because I was working and eating the recommend calories and at one point started gaining weight. Being hypothyroid is very frustrating. Your levels can be normal and you can still struggle with symptoms and weight issues...
  • kirstieannlittle
    Options
    Oh yes definitely! My meds just got up'd again by another 25mg! Life gets to hectic i forget to go for regular tests to see! So frustrating yes! And no one understands thats the worst part for me! Is being judged!