Graze Healthy Snacks?

2»

Replies

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    I tried them for a while, ended up giving away a lot of the packages because there were repeats of flavors I didn't enjoy in the first place. My coworkers enjoy them, but they're getting them for free from me. There are a number of other snack box options available, so maybe I will check those out, but otherwise I just get a jar of nuts or some trail mix and leave it at that.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Hipsters like everything cutely packaged, overpriced, and most importantly done for them. Extra rocks gotten off if it in some way includes kale or is in some way sustainable, whatever that is. That's what this stuff looks like to me. I'm sure the product itself is good enough but the concept annoys me. It's for people with food A.D.D. and extra cash to burn. I'll stick to apples, oranges, and cottage cheese.

Yes, when you don't agree with what someone else likes, it's always nice to insult them. SMH.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Hipsters like everything cutely packaged, overpriced, and most importantly done for them. Extra rocks gotten off if it in some way includes kale or is in some way sustainable, whatever that is. That's what this stuff looks like to me. I'm sure the product itself is good enough but the concept annoys me. It's for people with food A.D.D. and extra cash to burn. I'll stick to apples, oranges, and cottage cheese.

not a hipster
    no A.D.D.
    and no extra cash to burn.
    still like graze, though :)

• La5Vega5Girl
    edited January 2015
    I tried them for a while, ended up giving away a lot of the packages because there were repeats of flavors I didn't enjoy in the first place. My coworkers enjoy them, but they're getting them for free from me. There are a number of other snack box options available, so maybe I will check those out, but otherwise I just get a jar of nuts or some trail mix and leave it at that.

graze has an option for you to stop the ones you don't like anymore, and also lets you vote for each snack each week. so if you don't like some, you can "vote" to never have them sent again. :smile:
    you can also enter LOVE or LIKE to get repeats.

• chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Do you really think that for the amount of variety you get with a Graze box every other week (and I don't eat them every day), that you are saving enough for a trip? I don't think so. Four snacks in a vending machine would be $4. Bulk, maybe $1-2, but now you have the variety issue.

I had similar issues. A bi-weekly graze box is $156/year. My snacks tend to range from $.25-$.50 so $40 for the same number of snacks. $110/year isn't a huge amount, but $100 here and $40 there adds up pretty quickly in my household.

More important than the price was that I just didn't care for the snacks in the first box. If I liked the snack, I just would have worked the splurge in.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    I like Graze, I just refuse to pay the price for it. I can make the snacks for that price.
  • gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Tried it, but didn't like not being able to select what I wanted and having to go through all their items to select out the ones I didn't want. Snacks were mostly okay, but probably not what I would have selected on my own.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    I like Graze, I just refuse to pay the price for it. I can make the snacks for that price.
    yes i agree, these snacks can probably be reproduced at home for much cheaper. but it's fun for us to get them in the mail, and my hubby loves getting them at the office. also, you can send them to someone as a treat, my mother loves getting them in the mail knowing we're thinking of her. i admit, it's a luxury, not a necessity, that can more cheaply be duplicated. :)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    I wouldn't qualify most of them as healthy.

What they are, though, is portioned and varied and fun. Some of them I can easily buy myself - the dried fruit mixes and wasabi peas, for example - so I trashed them.

Others, though, are not easily sources (chocolate covered honeycomb?!). And I enjoy having them delivered to my office. I like the surprise of what I get, I like having a drawer full of snacks that I know will easily fit into my calorie needs for the day - they range between 60 and 230 calories, I believe.

Yep, they're too expensive. But I was an early adopted so mine are only $5/box ;)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Steph38878 wrote: »
    I personally didn't like them. In my opinion, most of the snacks tasted the same as far as seasoning. And the ones I tried had a weird aftertaste. I thought they were expensive for the amount. Just my own opinion though.

I've seen several threads related to the Graze boxes. You may could search for it and find more opinions.

Agreed. My husband and I just laughed and laughed at the small portions for the price, then we ate 4 snacks between the two of us as part of our dinner. Did not do that again. A lot of people love it though...

i also have them delivered to my husband's office so he has something to eat for a snack during the week. he eats one per day before hitting the gym. they are definitely a convenience food, but the alternative for him was going to get M'n'M's from the vending machine. they are a snack for sure, not meant for big appetites.

yeah, I think for six dollars I just expected more. Like for each of the little snacks to be at least enough for twice. I am overly focused on price per serving, though, I'm sure it's fine for the average person who doesn't mind spending a bit on snacks. I'd rather save my money though or buy something fun like a trip or cute boots LOL

Do you really think that for the amount of variety you get with a Graze box every other week (and I don't eat them every day), that you are saving enough for a trip? I don't think so. Four snacks in a vending machine would be $4. Bulk, maybe $1-2, but now you have the variety issue.

No, of course not just from this -- it is my overall lifestyle of saving in MOST categories, AKA being frugal to the point of freakishness (like I was almost on a reality show for it but backed out) and therefore debt free and able to afford most things I really do want, despite a mediocre income level.
  • paszekmonika
    paszekmonika Posts: 60 Member
    What I like about graze snack boxes is that you can choose what you don't want to eat. I'm a vegetarian and really fussy eater so I binned 70% of the snacks and now getting only my favourites and healthiest ones.