Not new, but new again.

Options
nmonty21
nmonty21 Posts: 17 Member
Its a standard story. I lost a lot of weight with MFP, very close to goal . . then life happened and I got sick. By the time I was able to get going again, I couldn't even run a mile (I was easily doing 8 daily before). It was so discouraging. I remember how hard it was to get where I had been, and I didn't think I was up for the challenge again. Now im up 50lbs from where I was and got lectured by my doctor today. I know what I need to do because Ive done it before, but changing my entire life style again seems so out of reach. Since I both work and go to school full time, im starting with my diet. Never realized how bad I let my habits get before I started keeping track again! Ugh. I know I have to learn to not look at where I was and take it day by day, but support needed!! Please add if youre in the same boat, can relate, or just need a friend here. Im really tired of start/stop deal. Thanks!

Replies

• THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you are! I have lost and gained weight a few times. This last time I got so far off track I literally felt like I should just let go and give up, but I realized I was never going to be happy. So I started trying to remember the thoughts I would tell myself like "A year from now you will have wish you had started today" and I'm so tired of looking back and wishing my life was different. Let's be friends. Feel free to message me :) We can do this.
  • astrobabe25
    astrobabe25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Am in same situation. I tell myself I have done it once so can do it again.I calorie count and use 5 2 plan.This works for me and I have tried other diets. MPG needs to be a lifelong habit for me:) YES we can do it!
  • Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I did something similar, but I'd only lost 12lbs. I stopped using MFP for a couple of months when I got busy with school and I ended up being just about back where I started. Now I'm back and am hoping to actually get to my goal this time.