Looking for a Vegan motivational partner!

Options
Just someone who has some fitness experience (or not!). I'm new at being active and I hope I'm doing it right lol. I've been vegan for quite some time though.

Replies

• hgwill78
    hgwill78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I eat plants and I'm active. I log daily and when I started I couldn't walk a block, now I run almost daily and I'm training for a half marathon. You got this! Start slow and work your way up to tougher stuff.
  • lostkaleb
    Options
    I was vegan for a time, but now I'm a vegetarian doing the 4 Hour Body Diet! It's not that hard if you've got the chops to know the vegan options (that was the hardest part for me!), the exercise part is the easiest: set a goal and choose a gradual plan like Couch 2 5 K (it's even got an app or two!) and you'll be active in no time :)
    Are you a morning person? If so, try and do your training in the morning, at the end of the day it's far more easy to find excuses not to go running... hehe :)
  • dudesears
    Options
    Thank yall! I wasn't even expecting a reply haha. I've gotten into the routine of going to the gym every night. But I go at like midnight and then don't end up sleeping till real late. It would be awful difficult to get myself in there in the morning lol. I've been doing some weight training and not alot of cardio. And I'm going to begin a job that is very labor intensive. But I think nutrition and eating right are my major obstacles. I'm a carb feind! Lol
  • garetmg
    Options
    Hi all, I'm newly pursuing a vegan lifestyle and can also use all the support I can find! I just wanted to post so that I might be able to stay in the loop if anyone starts an official support group, like on Facebook or whatnot. Thanks! Garet in Charlotte
  • dudesears
    Options
    Wooo! I'll join a MFP vegans Facebook group that sounds like a good idea! Might find one in one of the vegan groups on here. I have alot of insight on recipes and food if you get stuck!
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    A Facebook group sounds like an amazing idea!Im vegan and dont know any vegans near me so it's always nice sharing ideas, recipes etc with like-minded people!