Hello - Low Carb advice

Options
Hi - I am trying to loose weight (1 stone) and regulate my blood sugar by going on low carb diet. Any suggestions as to how I can use myfitnesspal for low carb management.

Replies

• Carolyn917
    Carolyn917 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am giving this app. one more try. I am 48 years old, I weigh 215#'s & I'm 5' 2.5" tall. I am 75 -80#'s overweight and I desperately need to lose weight for health reasons. I am trying to stick to a low carb, healthy choice, whole food life style plan. My goals are to lose 10#'s by Valentine's Day and 75#'s by January 1st, 2016. I hate to exercise but I plan on using Yoga, Pilates and dance to exercise. I need friends to keep me accountable and motivated. For some reason I can't add friends, keep getting error message so PLEASE ADD ME!!
  • firegood
    Options
    OP - ensure everything you log has a carbohydrate & sugar measurement. This is more work but a lot of stuff is recorded as calories only so that's no good for your purposes. Set your daily target & stick to it. I can get by on 80-100g a day (currently weigh approx 72kg) but how low you can go is different for everyone. Don't worry about eating a bit more healthy fats than you might think is 'normally' acceptable. If needed then boost up your calorie intake with protein sources, you'll feel fuller as a result.
    - Loads of good stuff about low carb eating & some great workouts here: http://www.musclehack.com/. I'm not affiliated in anyway, it's just the best website I've found for fitness advice.
    - Hope that helps. Good luck
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    firegood wrote: »
    OP - ensure everything you log has a carbohydrate & sugar measurement. This is more work but a lot of stuff is recorded as calories only so that's no good for your purposes. Set your daily target & stick to it.

This. And check the labels to ensure what you're eating is matching what you're logging. I also weigh/measure most of my food.

my diary is open if you would like to look. I eat around 18g of net carbs (carbs minus fiber) a day. It's low carb high fat. I have reactive hypoglycemia and have had success regulating my blood glucose with low carb eating habits.

Good luck!
  • MohammedK2
    MohammedK2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Carolyn917 wrote: »
    I am giving this app. one more try. I am 48 years old, I weigh 215#'s & I'm 5' 2.5" tall. I am 75 -80#'s overweight and I desperately need to lose weight for health reasons. I am trying to stick to a low carb, healthy choice, whole food life style plan. My goals are to lose 10#'s by Valentine's Day and 75#'s by January 1st, 2016. I hate to exercise but I plan on using Yoga, Pilates and dance to exercise. I need friends to keep me accountable and motivated. For some reason I can't add friends, keep getting error message so PLEASE ADD ME!!

Hi Carolyn.
    I am new to the community but will try adding you.

• MohammedK2
    Options
    OP - ensure everything you log has a carbohydrate & sugar measurement. This is more work but a lot of stuff is recorded as calories only so that's no good for your purposes. Set your daily target & stick to it. I can get by on 80-100g a day (currently weigh approx 72kg) but how low you can go is different for everyone. Don't worry about eating a bit more healthy fats than you might think is 'normally' acceptable. If needed then boost up your calorie intake with protein sources, you'll feel fuller as a result.
    - Loads of good stuff about low carb eating & some great workouts here: http://www.musclehack.com/. I'm not affiliated in anyway, it's just the best website I've found for fitness advice.
    - Hope that helps. Good luck

Firegood - thanks for info will check out the website.
  • MohammedK2
    Options

OP - ensure everything you log has a carbohydrate & sugar measurement. This is more work but a lot of stuff is recorded as calories only so that's no good for your purposes. Set your daily target & stick to it.

This. And check the labels to ensure what you're eating is matching what you're logging. I also weigh/measure most of my food.

my diary is open if you would like to look. I eat around 18g of net carbs (carbs minus fiber) a day. It's low carb high fat. I have reactive hypoglycemia and have had success regulating my blood glucose with low carb eating habits.

Good luck!

Thanks - 18g per day is pretty low! I'll check your diary to see how you keep it so low.