looking for fitness friends for motivation and support! :).

Options
ambiieleiigh
ambiieleiigh Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Hi my name is Amber and I've been big for as long as I can remember. I haven't really had support on trying to lose weight.. that's probably why I always fail at it. ... But not this time! :) I'm here to get some fitness friends for support and motivation to help me through this trying journey. I currently weigh 228.5lbs and looking to get to my dream goal of 130. :) so all the love and support would be so helpful. My main reasons for losing weight would be for my 2 beautiful little girls who I would give anything for. I never saw myself as a mom but when I had my first I knew I wanted/had to change my lifestyle not only for me and my health but for them too. I wanna be able to go rock climbing and go running and play soccer or baseball and help them grow to be beautiful HEALTHY strong girls too. I'd love to hear from you! I plan on logging in everyday and recording all my stuff and *kitten* about how a hard it is but ill suck it up.

So I've made a realistic goal to stick to for right now... 2 lbs a week till September that'll be around 70 lbs! And pretty much my dream weight. So if you want add me :) I'm looking for amazing people to help me through my journey

Replies

• brenae13
    brenae13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am also looking to have motivation and support and to give it as best I can. Now that we are through the holidays lol. I'm looking to really get back on track with my weight loss and just getting in shape. Wanting to lose another 20lbs to really be where I want.
  • haircuttergirl
    haircuttergirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sent both of you an add request. I like to encourage and I could use the motivation and encouragement myself :)
  • lillianmadrigal
    Options
    Hi Amber! I am just starting my journey to become a more healthier person. Hope we can give support to each other. I know we can do this! Feel free to add me.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Hello Amber! I am also looking to be in the 130s, have about 60lbs to lose. Feel free to add me! You can do this. You've already made a huge change by just getting started. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it! :)
  • 077melissa
    Options
    How do u add people I am also looking for some support just started with this app today need to lose 5 stone in a year hopefully
  • kasslass2
    kasslass2 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Hello All! Currently 197, GW 145ish. Would love to help, support, motivation etc. Please feel free to add me. Starting back on MFP today (gone for about a year). 7th day with no soda woot woot :)
  • tatyanale
    tatyanale Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I join you guys too?
  • toneeee17
    toneeee17 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber, I am just starting out on my 35kg/77lb weight loss journey. Happy for you to add me so we can encourage each other...
  • Never2Bz
    Never2Bz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Amber...sounds like you have a goal! YayU! Today is my 1,100 day on MFP. Feel free to "friend me". :smile:
  • GlenG1969
    GlenG1969 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber, there is a distinct lack of blokes on this discussion. Please feel free to add me if you think I can help. Good luck
  • mjaltom
    mjaltom Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Amber, I sent you a request. I'm all for support, just back after foot surgery, so looking to get back at it.

Anyone else looking for friends, feel free to add me.
  • superfitconball
    superfitconball Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great first step! Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting...I'm 6 months in with a starting weight of 196 and a current loss of 27 lbs. I'm looking to lose that last 10-15 lbs. Feel free to add me :)
  • diana_sanchez90
    Options
    I'm looking for friends... I need motivation in this journey.... please feel free to add me :)
  • Julezebub
    Julezebub Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi Amber and everyone else!
    I'm a long time user of MFP. Started using it in September 2010! I am now at a healthy BMI and enjoy a healthy lifestyle. I still love using MFP to keep me on track as maintaining a healthy weight without yo-yoing is challenging!
    My big motivator is that I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and I'm trying to conceive this year. Us ladies with PCOS often find it difficult to maintain a healthy weight due to bad carbohydrate cravings and slow metabolisms. What an unfair double whammy! Yet having a healthy weight and lifestyle and watching what you eat is exactly the best way to treat the symptoms so thats what I try to do. Feel free to add me anyone out there looking for motivation or willing to offer some! :D
  • manda404
    manda404 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for friends, we all need to support and motivate each other! Anyone can feel free to add me :)
  • kaitcb92
    kaitcb92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone .. newbie here as well - looking for some friends! Add me :)
  • kt_simms
    kt_simms Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I agree that the support makes a huge difference. I didn't believe it before, but I do now. Feel free to add me!
  • ambiieleiigh
    ambiieleiigh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anyone is free to join me! Just add me and we will work together to reach each other's goals:)♡
  • Tamilyn50
    Tamilyn50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....

I'm not new to MyFitnessPal, I've just haven't used the program because I lack friends who are interested in doing this with me. Recently, an old high school friend and I reconnected and we became friends on MyFitnessPal. It's been great and I'd love to add more people who are motivators. Feel free to add me if you'd like.