Top fitness Trends in 2015

Options
Hello there, in this new year, I have made a resolution for better fitness and healthy weight. Please suggest me top fitness trends to try in this new year.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Well I don't know about top fitness trends but if you want to get started read the two below stickies.

Calorie Counting 101

So you want a nice stomach
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the above.

it's not about fitness trend but doing something that you enjoy ..this will ensure you're consistent with it.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Diet and fitness trends come and go.

For all the blather about all kinds of stuff over the last who-knows-how-many years, one principle remains for health and fitness: eat right and exercise. I'm not sure why everyone likes to make it so much more complicated.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    whatever you enjoy and will stick with

you really care what's fashionable? :eyeroll:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. So 2014 was all about HIITS, crossfit, and "lifting heavy." Several of my non-MFP friends bought cages and plates and kettleballs. 2014 also had a lot of zumba and cardo-______ classes. Think cardio-booty-blast class. Cardio-ballet-explosion. 2014 was also all about instagramming "30 days of yoga" challenges" and terrible Pinterest fitness advice (Squat onto a tall box!) and bodyweight exercises. Oh and we can't forget themed-5Ks. Mud run! Color run! Color mud run!

I imagine many of those things will blend into 2015. Classes like Soul Cycle (it's a cycling class with music) and barre (ballet + cardio?) are starting to build momentum in the Washington, DC area, so that's a trend I see continuing. It seems like every year there's a new dance-based cardio class craze (zumba in the past, aerial dancing, and now a ton of fusion/tribal dances I'd have to google to spell), so there's probably going to be a new dance class that becomes popular in 2015. App-based training plans are on the rise (think Fitocracy, C25K, zombie training thingies).

Do any of those things appeal to you? We don't really have enough information about you to suggest a fitness plan. Do you like working out alone or do you prefer a group activity? Do you need to be trained in form/use of equipment? Do you prefer indoors or outdoors? Do you have access to a gym or home equipment? Do you live near an area with fitness classes? Do you have an interest in any active hobbies, like team sports, cycling, dance, etc?
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    The articles I've read said body weight strength & HIIT will be 2 of the hotter trends. Both are forms of exercise that have existed since the beginning of exercising.
  • jkoch6599
    jkoch6599 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hmm.. So 2014 was all about HIITS, crossfit, and "lifting heavy." Several of my non-MFP friends bought cages and plates and kettleballs. 2014 also had a lot of zumba and cardo-______ classes. Think cardio-booty-blast class. Cardio-ballet-explosion. 2014 was also all about instagramming "30 days of yoga" challenges" and terrible Pinterest fitness advice (Squat onto a tall box!) and bodyweight exercises. Oh and we can't forget themed-5Ks. Mud run! Color run! Color mud run!

I imagine many of those things will blend into 2015. Classes like Soul Cycle (it's a cycling class with music) and barre (ballet + cardio?) are starting to build momentum in the Washington, DC area, so that's a trend I see continuing. It seems like every year there's a new dance-based cardio class craze (zumba in the past, aerial dancing, and now a ton of fusion/tribal dances I'd have to google to spell), so there's probably going to be a new dance class that becomes popular in 2015. App-based training plans are on the rise (think Fitocracy, C25K, zombie training thingies).

Do any of those things appeal to you? We don't really have enough information about you to suggest a fitness plan. Do you like working out alone or do you prefer a group activity? Do you need to be trained in form/use of equipment? Do you prefer indoors or outdoors? Do you have access to a gym or home equipment? Do you live near an area with fitness classes? Do you have an interest in any active hobbies, like team sports, cycling, dance, etc?

2015 is going to be all about mud Zumba. You heard it here first!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    jkoch6599 wrote: »

Hahahaaaaaaaayoumightnotbewrong.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    by trends - do you mean what are some of the awesome new activities and gadgets that are working for people - or do you mean raspberry ketones and cellulite brushes?
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    jkoch6599 wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHA

• juniebug2013
    juniebug2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I see fitbit, jawbone, and other fitness trackers being a huge trend in 2015, and everyone trying to get to that magical 10,000 step number. I recently bought a jawbone, and love that it's motivating me to move more.
  • Codefox
    Codefox Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    The top fitness trend in 2015 (and beyond) is sending me cash. I promise that the moment the money leaves your hands, you will feel lighter and your wallet will be easier to fit in your pockets.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Nothing new, hot or trendy for me. Just old-fashioned "eat less, move more".
  • jchite84
    jchite84 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Just curious...are you the same Sean Daniken who is a medical student and shared 193 articles in 4 weeks here?

https://delicious.com/seandaniken

What is your connection to the Big "Fitness Trend" Industry? And why are you using the good folks of MFP as pawns in your marketing scheme?
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    omg! it's the coolest thing: fork put-downs.

the other trend is "sticking to a program". really popular.

wtf. 'trendy'? mein gott. it's trendy in america to be a fat, ignorant tubby. you sure you want trendy?
  • heartpie
    heartpie Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Thanks britishbroccoli..!
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Mma is catching on out where I live the various schools have different approaches. And taekwondo is back on the upswing.