I need help PLEASE

Options
2»

Replies

• turbogirl4christ
    Options
    How are you measuring your food? Are you on any medications some will hinder weight loss or cause weight gain which is basically the same thing? I can understand busy, but it might be wise to plan your menu for the day in the morning and eat that.

Nope I'm not any any medications at all... As far as planning my meals in the morning and eating what I plan out...I was JUST thinking the same thing! :)

Thanks EVERYONE for all your input and suggestions!! :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    So if I workout and burn 700 calories do I need to eat 1900 for the day?

very simply, YES.

You havent been fueling your body for those intense workouts so it is not about to give up its reserves. Eat back those earned calories and watch the weight drop off!!!
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    Thanks again everyone!!
  • lmvrbaby
    lmvrbaby Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been in the same boat, not being able to lose. Last year April to this past February I had lost 10 pounds, but then again I had foot surgery and wasnt able to do much for three months. Now I am hoping to be on the right track, have lost 10 pounds again since I have been actually trying and being able to exercise. But for a long time I was not able to lose. Good luck. I have been told that you need to eat the calories from exercising in order to lose. I know it doesnt sound like it makes sense but it seems to be working. Hope you are able to get to the weight you want. You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    more tips....
    it is great you are using hrm and planning food.
    To get the best calorie number accuracy you must...
    > use a scale for the food
    > subtract your bmr from the calories your hrm measures
    (for example my bmr is 91 calories per hour, so I workout an hour or so and subtract 100 from what my hrm measures)
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Really???? So if you eat your exercise calories back, you'll lose more??? I feel guilty
    if I don't have alot of calories left!!!
    To the original poster, I feel your pain!!! I've been at the "diet" thing for years!! This site
    seems to help alot though!!! It's a good support system!!! :smile: :smile:
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I really hope this helps....please read 'THE 4HR BODY' by Tim Feriss (not 100% on the spelling anymore). You don't need to read the whole book, but about the first 180pgs. You can decide what applies to you. He is incredible and you will learn volumes that will also answer all of your questions. Please let me know if you get the book and what you think of it when you read it and try it. It is really amazing. GOOD LUCK!