Morbidly Obese...yikes.

Options
13»

Replies

• JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me my starting weight was 412 I am currently at 323. :) I log religiously for the most part. I have fell of the wagon a time or two but have not experienced a major gain just incredibly slow loss at times.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I am the same way about pictures. I hate them. I dread them. I want to change that!

I am finally starting to like pics again because i can truly see progress! :)

• Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am considered "obese", but I think when I first started MFP, it was more like MORBIDLY obese...I have lost sixteen pounds and just FEEL so much better...I got a scare from my doctor saying I was at risk for a heart attack, so that really jolted me into doing something NOW and not when it is convenient for me...Good Luck in your journey...Feel free to add me as a friend...

Reaan
  • wmpottsjr
    wmpottsjr Posts: 42 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I used to not care about my sodium intake. Then 2 years ago on Christmas Eve after having eaten lots and lots of sodium, I had a major heart problem that left me unable to work and on disability because of it. So, to me, the most important thing I could preach is "cut your sodium to very low levels." You need far less than what you think. A sedentary person only needs 500 mg/day. Do not drink excessively. I see people drinking 12-15 glasses of fluids a day and eating 3000 mg of sodium. They wonder why they don't lose weight. Duhhh 15 x 8 oz is 3,600 milliliters. First off, you are not going to urinate that much fluid in a days time. The average urine output is 2000 ml/day. Second, sodium causes you to retain fluids. Drop your sodium and drink less. Don't dehydrate yourself, drink about the level of fluids that you void.

• BAD4DR
    BAD4DR Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. Feel free to add me. I started in October at 331lbs and now at 290lbs, and still have a long way to go.
  • smak1008
    smak1008 Posts: 2
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Congrats to everyone on their weight loss! Thats wonderful. Im at 257 Ive been on mfp for a while i cant seem to stay motivated. Its definately going to be a journey..feel free to add me.
  • laumis1
    laumis1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi there add me! I started in October at 355 and now am 335. Working to lose 135 more
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I started at 376, and am now at 298. I have about 150 more that I'd like to lose. I'm finally getting back on track!! Feel free to friend me!
  • CathyRobertson1973
    Options
    Please add me I am looking for some friends to encourage me, this is hard to do alone I am at 227 and would love to be at 150 or less
  • kismea
    kismea Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can feel free to add me. My highest was 312 and am about half way to my goal of 180. :)
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Started at 327 in July, now at 281 and still losing! I still have about 131 I would like to lose but am on track and log in every day!
  • k_stump_13
    k_stump_13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! I would love to help and support you through your journey as I am starting mine as well. At my all time highest was 300lb. This was after I put on nearly 60lbs from being diagnosed with a rare blood disorder. I am back down to a fluctuating 277-282, but I am getting married in September and want to lose a few sizes before then.