Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for people that need support to quit using food as a

I am looking for people that use food for things like boredom sadness emotions as a rule I am trying desperately to stop this crazy lifestyle until I know why I eat I won't loose weight and if by some miracle I do loose I can guarantee the pounds will come back I would like to form a support group to help stop the insanity.

Replies

• patricia92d
    patricia92d Posts: 49
    this makes so much sense
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    I typically use food when I'm bored. It's like I can't think of anything to do but eat. Also, definitely use food for comfort.
  • mageepilot
    mageepilot Posts: 289 Member
    Such a great idea. I know I am one of those people who eat my emotions. I am trying to blog it out here instead of keeping it bottled up. That seems to help. I would love to join your group.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    I'd LOVE to join your group.
    I'm a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom) who figured out that the kitchen is a place that I need to stay away from - but it is so hard!!!
  • lilcrittert
    lilcrittert Posts: 105
    I have overcome a lot of the emotional eating....friend me if you want extra support in this area.
  • Tracy184
    Tracy184 Posts: 74
    I use food as a reward. I work long hours and I hate my job, so it's "I've earned this pizza" and "I deserve this brownie sundae". And 65 lbs later, it's hard to unlearn that behavior, but I'm working on it. :-)
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    This is a habit that I'm also trying to break! So it's a great idea!
  • officernice
    officernice Posts: 13
    Depression, boredom, excitement, anger, sadness, celebration.......etc....etc....etc.....I am an emotional eater. I eat for celebration, I eat when I am bored, I eat when I'm excited about something, I eat when I'm upset. I love to eat and it makes me feel good at the time, but I'm miserable later. I feel your pain. =) (=