What does bump mean/do?

Options
Just a newbie and I've seen bump used in threads. What exactly does that mean? Thanks!

Replies

• Kittano
    Kittano Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's just a way of reviving an older thread (topics) to the top of more recent threads by making a post on it when the person may not have anything to really say on it.

Bumping it back up to where people can see it and post on it in case it got buried in others.
  • nicole3477
    Options
    Bring up my post?
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Dust off a topic that hasn't been posted on for a while, or it is a way to show you had interaction with the thread so you can find it later. Instead of going "hey, I saw a great topic with some awesome advice that I can't find now" it is track able in your history that way.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Trukngrl wrote: »
    Dust off a topic that hasn't been posted on for a while, or it is a way to show you had interaction with the thread so you can find it later. Instead of going "hey, I saw a great topic with some awesome advice that I can't find now" it is track able in your history that way.

Except now that you can Bookmark a thread there is really no reason to bump it unless you want other people to re-see it, or new people to see it, for whatever reason.