Weight loss after baby

Options
Hi! I'm Nicole. I am looking to lose weight after baby. I'm still breastfeeding so I am not sure about the calories needed.

Replies

• jbenton716
    Options
    Hi Nicole,
    I'm Jo - I've just joined in a bid to get rid of my baby weight (baby is now 18 months old!)
    I found that the weight dropped off fairly easily when I was bf but it was when I stopped that I started to gain weight.
    I tried to eat as healthily as I could when I bf - a really balanced diet and drank gallons and gallons of water. I found that staying hydrated really helped.
    Good luck - how old is the baby?
    x
  • sjenness
    sjenness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Sara and have a 3 month old baby girl as well as a 2.5 yr old little girl. I am nursing as well and am not seeing any loss due to BFing. Most likely bc of all the food I am shoving down my gullet! :o) I am ready to get serious and healthy!!
  • sjenness
    Options
    I wish I knew!! I lost a TON of weight with my first but am really struggling since having this second babe. I have even gained weight!! When in Oct. was your son born? Mine was Oct. 11!
  • sjenness
    Options
    How many calories are you ladies consuming and are you adding in BF as a deduction of calories? I was trying to stay at 1500 cal and added my own exercise of nursing by oz and calculated 20 cal burned per oz and 3 oz each nursing session. I don't add it in until the end of the day to keep my cal consumption at the 1500. What are you ladies doing?
  • jbenton716
    Options
    Hi FitMamaPhan - i think i probably dropped the most weight after around 4 months... i was pretty much back to pre baby weight right up until i finished bf at 9 months. i then went back to work and just ate crap!
  • djheilmann
    djheilmann Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sjenness wrote: »
    Hi! I am Sara and have a 3 month old baby girl as well as a 2.5 yr old little girl. I am nursing as well and am not seeing any loss due to BFing. Most likely bc of all the food I am shoving down my gullet! :o) I am ready to get serious and healthy!!

• cmjads27
    cmjads27 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm jess.... I have two boys, the three year old keeps me on my toes and our second son was born October 24th! Thankfully we are exclusively BF with no trouble at all. My first was a preemie and we struggled to keep supply through his hhospital stay, we made it through but maintained low supply and what I'm sure was latch issues. This baby has a minor cleft lip which he is having surgery for in a few weeks... I'm trying not to be terrified it will effect breastfeeding since he is doing so great. I have little babies that try to arrive too early due to struggling with high blood pressure during pregnancy, so I only gained and have already moist 15 pounds, but still have about 20 to lose to be at a healthy weight. In the week I've been doing this, I've already noticed its easier to eat healthier.... But I've also noticed I can be well under my goal. I added to my calorie allowance for the breastfeeding, but for example: I've already calculated for dinner and have 1000 calories remaining for the day and its only 2:30. I'm not hungry for snacks and there's really nothing I want. Do I eat just to make up more calories for breastfeeding???? Or is it good enough to keep hydrated and watch his diapers?? I obviously wouldn't mind losing more weight quickly, but I don't want my supply to be affected either by too much of a deficit. And I'm still working on quality vs quantity... What I eat needs to be better!
  • tabbyjo31
    Options
    Hi I am now trying to lose my baby weight n my daughter is 14 months. I lost about 25 pounds after she was born while bf but then it stopped n I gained it all back. I need to lose this weight. I thought bf would make me lose weight faster or at least be easier but it was not the case for me. I ate healthy n everything but it still didn't work then I gave up so here I am trying to lose this weight. I have until may to lose my baby weight then I will go from there! Please add me n we will keep each other motivated!
  • SCsoftball11
    SCsoftball11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :) I am excited to meet you all. I am also having trouble most days eating my required calories. I finish some days eating less than 1000, and I know that's not good. I want to be healthier in 2015! I have a 10.5 month old boy. I have a labral tear (cartilage tear in my hip) that occurred during the third trimester and I was in great pain until seeing the orthopedic doctor. Working out is almost impossible. My hardest challenge will be saying no to fast food, especially after unexpected late night shifts at my job. I am accustomed to stopping for fast food on these occasions. My goal is to lose 1.5 pounds per week. I do add breastfeeding as excercise calories burned, calculating 20 calories per ounce pumped. I'll add you ladies as friends as soon as I figure out how to do this using the app. Cheers, Nicole
  • gomezdiana06
    gomezdiana06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi I just had my baby girl this year in May and looking for new mom's to help motivate and help stay on track. Add me to your friends to push each other to our goals