• rikracer1961
    rikracer1961 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    *kinda wondering if this is a troll...
    ^^^ This
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    No calories unless you're indulging in edibles...
  • RhysJones92
    RhysJones92 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Obvious troll is obvious
  • jmurray90
    jmurray90 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    uhhh the edibles have labels. The calorie count should be on it like ALL other food. ???

*currently has the munchies* not a myth.
  • FaileAybara
    FaileAybara Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Considering that one of the reasons medical mj was legalized was because it encouraged cancer patients to eat ... how could anyone actually think that the munchies were a myth?
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    asking if cannabis has calories is like asking if tobacco has calories.
    you're in inhaling the smoke that comes from burning an herb.
    that's like saying if you have a wood burning fireplace and breath in you're inhaling calories.

Munchies are not a myth.
    but don't worry about it, like @rikracer1961 said, enjoy yourself!

But what if you eat it? Eating it has to have some calories to it. Right? Not everyone smokes it!

Well I'm not going to be eating any. I can swish in my mouth and spit. I kind of thought everyone smoked it. I will have to check out bakeries then too and see what they have.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    The people of Colorado are some of the leanest and fittest in the USA. Figure me that.
  • jmurray90
    Options
    So I will be taking a trip to Colorado at the end of next month. I was wounding how you would log calories in Cannabis? Since it is legal there, I see no reason not to sample some of them. I've never done this before of course, and I am just worried that it would affect my daily calorie goal. Any help is appreciated. Is 250 calories a day enough?

poor OP, your never going to get good answers lol.

yes you can buy it and smoke it, but the same place you buy it has "edibles" like a pot brownie. TCH already in it and you just eat it, like I stated all the goodies have labels that have ingredients, calories and all that in it. Just log the damn thing as a regular cookie with x amt of calories.

SMFH at all you idiots thinking this man was just gonna eat bud.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    jmurray90 wrote: »
    So I will be taking a trip to Colorado at the end of next month. I was wounding how you would log calories in Cannabis? Since it is legal there, I see no reason not to sample some of them. I've never done this before of course, and I am just worried that it would affect my daily calorie goal. Any help is appreciated. Is 250 calories a day enough?

poor OP, your never going to get good answers lol.

yes you can buy it and smoke it, but the same place you buy it has "edibles" like a pot brownie. TCH already in it and you just eat it, like I stated all the goodies have labels that have ingredients, calories and all that in it. Just log the damn thing as a regular cookie with x amt of calories.

SMFH at all you idiots thinking this man was just gonna eat bud.

Yeah no-one did from what I can see... what are you at like an [8]?
  • VegetalienPleurnichard
    Options
    @jmurray90 lol i could never imagine actually eating straight bud, that would be terrible!!

also, OP, if you do buy edibles, be careful, they're normally a lot more potent than smoking it so you'll get stoned instead of high
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    asking if cannabis has calories is like asking if tobacco has calories.
    you're in inhaling the smoke that comes from burning an herb.
    that's like saying if you have a wood burning fireplace and breath in you're inhaling calories.

Munchies are not a myth.
    but don't worry about it, like @rikracer1961 said, enjoy yourself!

But what if you eat it? Eating it has to have some calories to it. Right? Not everyone smokes it!

Well I'm not going to be eating any. I can swish in my mouth and spit. I kind of thought everyone smoked it. I will have to check out bakeries then too and see what they have.

If you're not going to eat it, then as stated previously you have no extra calories to be worrying about. Do try some edibles though if you're going to be sampling then why not - if you get the chance to try vaping even better.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Options
    @jmurray90 lol i could never imagine actually eating straight bud, that would be terrible!!

also, OP, if you do buy edibles, be careful, they're normally a lot more potent than smoking it so you'll get stoned instead of high

What's the difference?
  • lejardindelamour
    lejardindelamour Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Lol are you asking if 250 cals a day is enough as your total intake?
    You must be kidding.

• jmurray90
    Options

What's the difference?

hhaha... well. its one of those you just have to find out type things!
  • jmurray90
    Options

heyy all I'm saying is there might just be a time and a place for that... but Colorado is NOT one of them. lmao
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Options

Lol are you asking if 250 cals a day is enough as your total intake?
    You must be kidding.

Well I might have to up it if there are these "goodies" maybe 400 calories a day? out of my 1900 daily total.

• jmurray90
    Options

SMFH at all you idiots thinking this man was just gonna eat bud. [/quote]

No one thought that.

[/quote]

SEVERAL people thought that.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    There has to be. everything that you put into your mouth has calories. Maybe just not a lot, but I am going to run a pretty tight ship on the calorie in calorie out train. I thought munchies were a myth?
    If it's a leaf, then the caloric value isn't going to be enough to make an impact to weight loss.
    Probably has no more calories than spinach.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• lejardindelamour
    lejardindelamour Posts: 2 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Well I might have to up it if there are these "goodies" maybe 400 calories a day? out of my 1900 daily total.

[/quote]

OHHH okay! I thought you were asking if 250 calories was enough for your total food intake (rather than your healthy 1900). Sorry! 250 for the goodies should be fine hehe.

This discussion has been closed.