6 week PUSH YOURSELF challenge, Week 5

Options

Replies

• chickadee2010
    chickadee2010 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Here is my results for day two, week five.
    - My strength lasted 21 minutes and according to MFP I burned 80 calories.
    - I did a Fitness walk that lasted 12 minutes and according to my treadmill I burned 94 calories.
    - I went to Zumba for 45 minutes and according to MFP I burned 246 calories.
    - I got in an extra walk this morning for 9 minutes and according to MFP I burned 59 calories.
    - I got in 8 glasses of water.
    Total: 87 minutes. 75 minutes is cardio and 12 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week five progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 170
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 120
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 50
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 16 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 1737
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 1288
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 404
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 208

Today was miserable, especially exercise-wise which then led to 'already messed something up so I don't really care what I eat.' I was running low on time and I didn't get to do one of my cardio workouts, but hopefully I'll make it up tomorrow. As for the other cardio, I was supposed to do 45 minutes but I only lasted 12 minutes because I was so doing the workout so horribly. I hope tommorow is better.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    - I did a Fitness walk that lasted 12 minutes and according to my treadmill I burned 94 calories.
    - I got in an extra walk this morning for 9 minutes and according to MFP I burned 59 calories.
    Total: 87 minutes. 75 minutes is cardio and 12 minutes is strength

Stop being so hard on yourself! Look at what you did accomplish! 87 minutes is a pretty good work out! If there is one thing I have learned it is to be flexible if things don't quite go the way I plan/want! If I am not flexible that is when things go from bad to worse.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Total: 87 minutes. 75 minutes is cardio and 12 minutes is strength

Stop being so hard on yourself! Look at what you did accomplish! 87 minutes is a pretty good work out! If there is one thing I have learned it is to be flexible if things don't quite go the way I plan/want! If I am not flexible that is when things go from bad to worse.
    I guess I did accomplish quite a lot. I think tomorrow I'm going to take a long non-treadmill walk and think about everything I've accomplished.
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm back! My HRM hates me, so it didn't work yesterday at ALL. Plus I was in a bad mood because my IBS was going crazy.
    But we walked a ton, even if I ate a ton of delicious vegan food until it hurt! lol

I didn't exercise today because, well, I had another horrible night of sleep and I needed to clean around the house, as we got home at 1 a.m. last night. Before I knew it, it was time for work!

Tomorrow is another day, and this week should get better.
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Okay my few challengers left, I am going to add one more requirement for this last week and a half of this challenge! Your added requirement: BE PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS! Don't focus on what you didn't do, what you "should" have done, or the lack there of! Let's be positive! Let's be proud of what it is we are doing, or have done, and maybe focus on how to do it a little bit better next time! If we focus on what didn't get done then it will plunge us into a negative place and that will inevitably lead to other negativities. So that stops! We will be proud of what it IS that we HAVE done and we will PUSH ourselves to do it a little better the next time.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I'm back! My HRM hates me, so it didn't work yesterday at ALL. Plus I was in a bad mood because my IBS was going crazy.
    But we walked a ton, even if I ate a ton of delicious vegan food until it hurt! lol

I didn't exercise today because, well, I had another horrible night of sleep and I needed to clean around the house, as we got home at 1 a.m. last night. Before I knew it, it was time for work!

Tomorrow is another day, and this week should get better.
    You probably burned some cleaning. Lots of food sounds yummy! I think I'm really craving Chinese or other foreign food right now lol. Hope your HRM gets to working properly.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Okay my few challengers left, I am going to add one more requirement for this last week and a half of this challenge! Your added requirement: BE PROUD OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS! Don't focus on what you didn't do, what you "should" have done, or the lack there of! Let's be positive! Let's be proud of what it is we are doing, or have done, and maybe focus on how to do it a little bit better next time! If we focus on what didn't get done then it will plunge us into a negative place and that will inevitably lead to other negativities. So that stops! We will be proud of what it IS that we HAVE done and we will PUSH ourselves to do it a little better the next time.
    I needed that. :wink: I know tomorrow is going to be better. On the plus side, last month I didn't really like my strength workouts, but this month I'm quite enjoying them lol. They're the easiest now since my cardio is more difficult than last month.
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Here are my results for Week 5, Day 3

I did a 42 minute walk with my dog and burned, per my HRM, 405 calories
    I did a 60 minute workout with my personal trainer and burned, per my HRM, 1046 calories
    I did a 45 minute step aerobics class and burned, per my HRM, 736 calories

I have had 12 glasses of water so far today

My weekly results, so far, are 283 minutes of cardio and 105 minutes of strength, and 42 minutes of other for a total of 430 minutes

Here are my results for Week 5, Day 2

I did 45 minutes on the Elliptical and burned, per my HRM, 633 calories
    I did a 70 minute Muscle Pump class and burned, per my HRM, 711 calories

I have had 19 glasses of water today

My weekly results, so far, are 213 minutes of cardio and 70 minutes of strength for a total of 283 minutes

I began feeling a head cold coming on, last night, during my second class, and by the time I got home my body was weak and I felt exhausted. I took tons of medicine before bed and felt slightly better this morning, but it was in my chest and head. It really hurt to workout today. So, while I put in the minutes I didn't PUSH it as hard as I usually do. I was glad it was a Muscle Pump class, on the schedule, for tonight, because it was just the speed that I needed to go with this cold.

How are the first two days going for everyone else?
    So, here we go week 5! Here are my results for Week 5, Day 1

I did 80 minutes of run/walk intervals and burned, per my HRM, 1078 calories
    I did a 44 minute Hula Hoop class and burned, per my HRM, 661 calories
    I did a 44 minute Kettlebell class and burned, per my HRM, 688 calories

I have had 17 glasses of water so far today.

That puts me at 168 minutes of cardio, thus far.
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    W5D2

44min Walking and playing at the park ( had my new HRM on )

Total
    74min Cardio
  • BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Traci. I know I need to stop telling myself, "but I didn't get exercise or burn" and just do it and be proud of what I do.

Today I cleaned a bit more around the house and did 20 minutes of this kickboxing bootcamp. I knew I had limited time, so I did the 10 minute fat blast (I was dripping sweat for a good 20 minutes afterward!) and 10 minute arm sculpt.

I don't think I can do calories again this week, with the crazy HRM.

NYC trip Monday: 5 hours (estimate)
    Tuesday: N/A
    Wednesday: 20 minutes
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    94 minutes today and 12 glasses of water. Miserable weather today. Yesterday it was almost 80 and today didn't make it out of the 40s with rain.YUCK!
    Funny my husband was just telling me how I should be proud of my accomplishments. By the way I am proud of me!
    Proud of everyone else who stuck with it and trying to be healthier!!!! Keep going!:)
  • jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    I just realized that Strength Training is counted under cardiovascular activity - I love exercise calories!!

Today I went to the gym and did a 5 minute warmup on the stationary bike and then upper body strength training for 50 minutes.

I should be up to 16 cups of water today. I've been noticing I'm drinking more water... probably because it's getting so hot in Texas.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    Here is my results for day three, week five.
    - My strength lasted 23 minutes and according to MFP I burned 88 calories.
    - I did a Fitness walk that lasted 45 minutes and according to my treadmill I burned 272 calories.
    - I got an extra 10 minute walk in and according to MFP I burned 54 calories.
    - I did an interval workout and according to my treadmill I burned 158 calories.
    Total: 98 minutes. 75 minutes is cardio and 23 minutes is strength.

chickadee's week five progress:
    Total Weekly Minutes: 268
    Total Weekly Cardio Minutes: 195
    Total Weekly Strength Minutes: 73
    Total Weekly Water Intake: 24 glasses

chickadees total 6 week progress:
    Total Challenge Minutes: 1835
    Total Challenge Cardio Minutes: 1363
    Total Challenge Strength Minutes: 427
    Total Challenge Water Intake: 2016

A lot better day than yesterday. I even got in two extra things. :)
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I had to go in my exercise diary and fix yesterday's. I calculated the time wrong at Zumba. It was actually only 35 minutes. I'll take that off my count tomorrow.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    60 minutes so far today and most likely won't get back on the computer tonight. We have a pool party to attend, indoors of course. Will drink all my waters and hope to get more exercise in.
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I may not be able to get cardio in today, not unless it's light. One of the lens' in my glasses came out because the rim above it broke and I can't get it to stay well, so hard cardio is out. Hopefully I'll get them fixed before the weekend.
  • NanoReefDiver
    NanoReefDiver Posts: 153
    Options
    I have still been following but forgot all about checking in! I reset my goals to 420 minutes minimum per week for the month of May. Still drinking all that water too!

Here are my stats so far this week:

Cardio Minutes: Zumba Wii (233); Wii Fit (60); Treadmill (71) = 364

Strength Training Minutes: No More Trouble Zones (121) = 121

Total: 485 Minutes; Left to go: 0 Minutes
  • chickadee2010
    Options
    I have still been following but forgot all about checking in! I reset my goals to 420 minutes minimum per week for the month of May. Still drinking all that water too!

Here are my stats so far this week:

Cardio Minutes: Zumba Wii (233); Wii Fit (60); Treadmill (71) = 364

Strength Training Minutes: No More Trouble Zones (121) = 121

Total: 485 Minutes; Left to go: 0 Minutes
    Awesome job!
  • MoM2LayLa09
    MoM2LayLa09 Posts: 152
    Options
    W5D4

Painted for 130min burned 516 according to my HRM (Is this cardio or ST ???)

Total
    Cardio - 204
  • TracieJ65
    Options
    Okay, here are my results for today, Week 5 Day 4 and let me tell you, this was one day that was REALLY hard to complete due to a horrible head/chest cold going on!

I did a 40 minute walk with the dogs and burned, per my HRM, 422 calories
    I did 25 minute circuit training of half cardio half strength and burned, per my HRM, 337 calories
    I did a 45 minute kettlebell class and burned, per my HRM, 606 calories

I have had 17 glasses of water so far today

My weekly results, so far, are 343 minutes of cardio and 115 minutes of strength, and 82 minutes of other for a total of 540 minutes

Here are my results for Week 5, Day 3

I did a 42 minute walk with my dog and burned, per my HRM, 405 calories
    I did a 60 minute workout with my personal trainer and burned, per my HRM, 1046 calories
    I did a 45 minute step aerobics class and burned, per my HRM, 736 calories

I have had 12 glasses of water so far today

My weekly results, so far, are 283 minutes of cardio and 105 minutes of strength, and 42 minutes of other for a total of 430 minutes

Here are my results for Week 5, Day 2

I did 45 minutes on the Elliptical and burned, per my HRM, 633 calories
    I did a 70 minute Muscle Pump class and burned, per my HRM, 711 calories

I have had 19 glasses of water today

My weekly results, so far, are 213 minutes of cardio and 70 minutes of strength for a total of 283 minutes

I began feeling a head cold coming on, last night, during my second class, and by the time I got home my body was weak and I felt exhausted. I took tons of medicine before bed and felt slightly better this morning, but it was in my chest and head. It really hurt to workout today. So, while I put in the minutes I didn't PUSH it as hard as I usually do. I was glad it was a Muscle Pump class, on the schedule, for tonight, because it was just the speed that I needed to go with this cold.

How are the first two days going for everyone else?
    So, here we go week 5! Here are my results for Week 5, Day 1

I did 80 minutes of run/walk intervals and burned, per my HRM, 1078 calories
    I did a 44 minute Hula Hoop class and burned, per my HRM, 661 calories
    I did a 44 minute Kettlebell class and burned, per my HRM, 688 calories

I have had 17 glasses of water so far today.

That puts me at 168 minutes of cardio, thus far.