Banana diet

Options
anyone do a banana diet? (All you eat is bananas) What was your outcome? How long did you make it?

Replies

• sls2072
    sls2072 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ?
  • SaraSteeves1993
    SaraSteeves1993 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I don't thinks it's worth it in the long run. There's a girl on YouTube who does this but I don't think it's completely healthy haha
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. Any kind of diet where you can only eat one thing for so long is not going to benefit you in the long run. Also, bananas are a high source of potassium, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but it could have negative effects if you have too much of it. I would do more research or possibly ask a professional if you have that option.

Fad diets are not sustainable. I've yo-yo dieted for years now, and I can tell you that it's never worth it. The only way I've ever been successful was by learning moderation and not restricting myself.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Silly, unsustainable crash diet.
  • SunshineGoodVibes
    Options
    I love bananas! corn-dog.jpg
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I like this banana.

Amazing_Food_Picdump.jpg
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how serious you are. Limiting yourself to any one food, no matter what food, is a terribly unhealthy idea. You will be deficient in several nutrients and likely be eating a fraction of the number of calories your body needs to function. If you are seriously considering this, I urge you to reconsider.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I remember eating bananas all day once upon a time cuz it was part of a 7 day diet... I got tired of bananas THAT. VERY. DAY!!! :sick: So no, don't do that. Eat your foods you always eat, in moderation. That is all there is to it. Stick to your calories. You'll lose the weight. Don't get desperate wanting to lose weight so quickly. You didn't gain your weight overnight either. :noway:
  • lilred_gld
    lilred_gld Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So nobody. Ok thanks
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    I remember eating bananas all day once upon a time cuz it was part of a 7 day diet... I got tired of bananas THAT. VERY. DAY!!! :sick: So no, don't do that. Eat your foods you always eat, in moderation. That is all there is to it. Stick to your calories. You'll lose the weight. Don't get desperate wanting to lose weight so quickly. You didn't gain your weight overnight either. :noway:

• lilred_gld
    Options
    Thanks las, for being honest bout your day! I am aware of the girl who did the diet (on YouTube) and some others. That's why I asked for opinions on how it went. Nope I certainly didnt gain the weight over night... 9 months to be exact
  • da_bears1008
    Options
    if you are going to do the banana diet, then I suggest you invest in some BANANA BUNKERS!!!!

BANANA-BUNKER_6953.jpg
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Used to eat two bananas a day until my heart started going funny. It would skip a beat even though I wasn't in love. Took ages elimination everything to work out what caused it.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    ...wow. I am guessing you are new to MFP?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Freelee the Banana Girl is kind of a loon.

Its a bad idea.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    I like protein.
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    Hmm no been on MFP for quite awhile! Thanks sarauk2sf!!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    if you are going to do the banana diet, then I suggest you invest in some BANANA BUNKERS!!!!

BANANA-BUNKER_6953.jpg

oh-my-takei.gif

• lilred_gld
    Options
    Seen a bunch of her videos and seem a lil off!
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    lol oooh nooo dont flag me please!!

Then you should know better! Unless if this was a joke. Were you joking?