The lean muscle diet (Schuler and Aragon) - anyone read it yet?

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Alan, whats your thought on the whole gaining muscle while losing fat thing? The majority of the research I have seen only suggest it's applicable if you are morbidly obese, noob gains, and in elite athletes who are training again.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    AlanAragon wrote: »
    Kalikel, did you time things perfectly to be the 10,000th person to riff on the book title? Impressive. :)
    I'm talented like that. I didn't know people did that. Sorry, not trying to dump on your book. I hope it sells a million copies.

When they came out with organic food, I was clueless. "What is organic food?" What? I don't know. "What does organic mean?" Contains carbon, as all living things do. "So why are some carrots organic and some carrots aren't?" I don't know.

I'm still trying to revise my fiber speech to explain it, but not include the only words that everyone has actually heard, since God Forbid we use those two words again.

And now you come along with lean muscle.

I can see it now:

"What is lean muscle?" I don't know. "What does it mean?" I have no idea. You have different kinds of muscles, like your heart gets a kind, just for it. I assume "lean muscle" means "skeletal muscle," like the kinds you use, your biceps and triceps - your muscles that go along with your skeleton - skeletal muscles - and help you move. Your muscles. But I have no idea what it means.

Send me some business cards. I'll tell them to call you. ;)

Good luck with your book. :)
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Just ordered it from Amazon two hours ago. With Amazon Prime it should be here by Friday, if it ever stops snowing..... :\
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Kalikel, did you time things perfectly to be the 10,000th person to riff on the book title? Impressive. :)

Alan, when are you going to be on Laurent Bannock's Podcast again?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    It baffles me that someone flagged Alan's post as spam, especially when it is in direct response to questions in the thread.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I got the book for my Kindle and it's fantastic.

It's honestly just what the industry needs. A no-BS book that's pretty much addressed to general population. This is a book I'll be recommending to quite a few people.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Makes a change from Alan having to deal with Fred...
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    I am lol'ing so hard at the moment
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I'm talented like that. I didn't know people did that. Sorry, not trying to dump on your book. I hope it sells a million copies.

When they came out with organic food, I was clueless. "What is organic food?" What? I don't know. "What does organic mean?" Contains carbon, as all living things do. "So why are some carrots organic and some carrots aren't?" I don't know.

I'm still trying to revise my fiber speech to explain it, but not include the only words that everyone has actually heard, since God Forbid we use those two words again.

I can see it now:

"What is lean muscle?" I don't know. "What does it mean?" I have no idea. You have different kinds of muscles, like your heart gets a kind, just for it. I assume "lean muscle" means "skeletal muscle," like the kinds you use, your biceps and triceps - your muscles that go along with your skeleton - skeletal muscles - and help you move. Your muscles. But I have no idea what it means.

"Skeletal Muscle Diet" sounds much more catchy. O wait....
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I can see it now:

"Skeletal Muscle Diet" sounds much more catchy. O wait....

Lol'ing harder.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    If ever I was in on a post, this would be it.

52530736.jpg

Also, off to look up the book in question on Amazon. :mrgreen:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Will the diet fuel the grueling Slow Burn workouts
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Will the diet fuel the grueling Slow Burn workouts

I was doing slow burn for a few months.

This was my routine:

August:

Squat, 1 rep.

Took me the entire month to complete the rep.

Fred emailed me asking for pics.

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

Lean muscle:

leanmeat.jpg?w=600

Fat muscle:

Meat.jpg
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Wow...pray to God and he appears...
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

I can see it now:

Wow, first she tries to troll Sara and then she has the nerve to try and school/troll whatever you want to call it, Alan. Just absurd. I truly do get ignorance is bliss but this is just far out there.

I tried to throw her a lifeline in the other thread, she is on her own with this one. Bliss indeed.
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    This book looks interesting, but I'm wondering if it's really geared towards men, so that I wouldn't really benefit. What do y'all think?