queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Nice day for a sh!tstorm, aye?

It may be too late in the day :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    why don't you throw a cleanse in there while you are at it….????
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    "Dr Oz, rapid weight loss" in one sentence??? Ouch....
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Rule 1 of MFP: do not bring up Dr. Oz
  • leahszrk
    Options
    Oh....haha. Silly me!
    These forums are like THIS!!!

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Congrats on funding his next sportscar!
  • ndj1979
    Options
    leahszrk wrote: »
    Oh....haha. Silly me!
    These forums are like THIS!!!

you mean we don't like fad diets combined like pseudo science….? then yes, we are like that...
  • Krueger92
    Krueger92 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a joke
  • leahszrk
    Options
    Hey guys....Didn't buy a thing! o:) just following a kick start to retrain my brain.
    I'm a FAT girl who is 50+ pounds overweight that needed a jolt and a kick in the butt to retrain my brain and see everything I'm putting into my body!

The lame Dr. Oz is my first stepping stone!
    Thanks for the love!!! I'm definitely feeling it!

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hey! Not meaning to be mean here and its great that you are motivated and excited to lose weight, but Dr Oz is a total charlatan.

I highly recommend trying to eat at a reasonable caloric deficit - try to get as many nutrient dense and satiating foods in - but unless they trigger over-eating, treats are also fine in moderation.

If you are just starting - mainly focus on your calories (you can tweak your macros later) but don't skimp on fats or protein. Try to create an environment that is as conducive as possible to adherence. Try to find some activity(ties) that you enjoy and get active.

Have a read of this - it will hopefully help:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz is a sham.

Eat what you like in a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Hey guys....Didn't buy a thing! o:) just following a kick start to retrain my brain.
    I'm a FAT girl who is 50+ pounds overweight that needed a jolt and a kick in the butt to retrain my brain and see everything I'm putting into my body!

The lame Dr. Oz is my first stepping stone!
    Thanks for the love!!! I'm definitely feeling it!

set MFP to one pound per week loss and eat to that number..it really is that simple..

and do what Sarah said…she is way more knowledgable than dr oz...
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Also, welcome to the forums! :D Nice to meet you.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    DrOz is a 4 letter word.
  • leahszrk
    leahszrk Posts: 23
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Hey! Not meaning to be mean here and its great that you are motivated and excited to lose weight, but Dr Oz is a total charlatan.

I highly recommend trying to eat at a reasonable caloric deficit - try to get as many nutrient dense and satiating foods in - but unless they trigger over-eating, treats are also fine in moderation.

If you are just starting - mainly focus on your calories (you can tweak your macros later) but don't skimp on fats or protein. Try to create an environment that is as conducive as possible to adherence. Try to find some activity(ties) that you enjoy and get active.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Thanks for actually responding with more than snark! No one knows me or my story this year! ;)

For someone like me who needs a good spanking to shift my thinking, I actually NEED the restrictions until I can take the training wheels off again.
    Hokey or not...He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named takes me there psychologically. Being accountable for everything that I eat/do is where I need to be again after 4 years and 2 kids later of unhealthy eating and lifestyle.
    Thanks again!

• leahszrk
    leahszrk Posts: 23
    edited January 2015
    Options
    PS Everyone!
    I understand the wild west of the interwebz n all...
    But you don't know what someone's story is behind your screen!
    You don't know their weight loss struggles.
    You don't know if they may have come to these forums just looking for support because they have none IRL.
    You don't know if this is their last and final attempt at life!

If you truly think a diet/plan isn't the way...
    Or you feel it may be invalid...
    actually acknowledging there is a human trying to better themselves by using these forums before you spout out snark and snap judgements may actually save someone's life.

Quite literally.

Health is SO much more than just vanity.

*packing up soapbox*
    Don't forget to slow clap.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

Thanks for actually responding with more than snark! No one knows me or my story this year! ;)

For someone like me who needs a good spanking to shift my thinking, I actually NEED the restrictions until I can take the training wheels off again.
    Hokey or not...He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named takes me there psychologically. Being accountable for everything that I eat/do is where I need to be again after 4 years and 2 kids later of unhealthy eating and lifestyle.
    Thanks again!

For the record, my links weren't snark. They were just links to help provide some context.

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I have a random question - did the thread title change?