Struggling to get in recommended water intake. Anyone have any ideas of how to get that dreaded wat

Options
124»

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have a 24 oz bottle for the gym, a 24 oz container at home and 2 - 22 oz bottles for good measure. I use a water infusion to cut the non-flavor of water and like it room temperature. And I log them on MFP as well as my activity tracker.
  • trking86
    trking86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I hate drinking water and would go days without drinking a sip. I know I need it and have been trying so hard to actively drink water. What helped me... an app, stupid I know, but I use "Water Your Body". It has reminders that I set for every hour, you put in your info and it tells you your daily goal. it's easy and free. Since I downloaded it I've drank a minimum of 60oz per day.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    i hate water. hate. hate. (did i mention hate?)
    honestly i used to not drink it at all. i could go days without actually drinking any. (of course i had liquids in foods + drank tea or sodas so i wasn't dying...) anyway, my friend just started me on a new 24-day eating/diet plan b/c he is starting a new career in the health field. it requires me to drink 12 cups of water per day. UGH! i bought some of those little water enhancers (Kool Aid has a great grape!) and they probably aren't the best things in the world, but they get me to drink my water. i also add fresh lemon juice/lime juice. the easiest way for me is to start at 6:00 a.m. and drink one cup. at 7:00, have another. keep going and have one on the hour, every hour. i can get 11 or 12 cups by day's end. :smile:

Why would anyone tell you to drink 12 cups of water? The medical recommendation is approximately 2.5 liters a day, of which about a third comes from food. The rest comes from whatever your liquid of choice is and generally works out to about 7 cups (roughly 3.5 pints.)

Anything over that is just a waste, unless you're extremely active and need to replace fluids from sweat.

i work-out alot, plus some of the vitamins & medications that i take require a full 8-oz cup of water to be taken with them. it's twelve 8-oz cups, which is only 96 oz. that's not excessive. i know alot of people who drink a gallon a day.
  • lawlifehanna
    lawlifehanna Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Test every glass, mug and bottle in your house to see which ones you like best. Just like with wines and other drinks, what you're drinking it out of affects how you taste it. I drink mine out of a huge ceramic mug, it's just the best for me. I have two mugs of the same model in different colors, just so I don't get bored. Even my boyfriend knows to call them my "water mugs".
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Teal4me wrote: »
    IDEAS?
    Drink some water.

Put it into a glass, and then drink it down.

You stop that crazy talk. Stop it right now.

Want to know what's really crazy?

Freeze that water and marinade it in some bourbon.
  • macelmer
    macelmer Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am sure this is already listed but I did not want to read three pages of replies... I drink water that is infused with dill or cucumber or lemon or lime or orange. The possibilities are endless and low calorie.
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Keep a 1 liter bottle filled with water close by at all times. I find that if I don't do this then I am less likely to drink water. If it's sitting next to me staring me in the face then it's an 'Oh yeah! I have to drink water!' kind of thing. Glass fulls don't work for me, mostly because I would have to keep getting up to fill it. Plus with a liter bottle I know exactly how much I am drinking per day.
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Teal4me wrote: »
    IDEAS?
    Drink some water.

Put it into a glass, and then drink it down.

You stop that crazy talk. Stop it right now.

Want to know what's really crazy?

Freeze that water and marinade it in some bourbon.

<3 swap vodka and i'm in

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I've grown to appreciate that vodka works so willingly with so many flavors.
  • Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    Tea
    Flavor drops for your water
    Fruit/veggie slices in the water thank you
    Getting a giant water bottle and setting a goal to finish it each day

• Teal4me
    Teal4me Posts: 104
    Options
    Thanks everyone some great ideas :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Or get fruit infused tea bags, berry flavours are nice.
    Put a couple bags in a bottle of water the night before. The next day you have a flavoursome refreshing drink
  • hazelbee20
    Options
    Try using some sugar free cordials such as orange, blackcurrant