Dropped some kilos and then plateaued?

Hi, I 'd really appreciate tips on how to push my weightloss farther. I started at 95kg, dropped 23kg in 5 months and then nothing goes off again despite my push. I am still on my dieting, workout 30mins daily for about 5x in a week, but still nothing goes. Pls I need some advice....

Replies

• I've heard green tea speeds up ur metabolism and same with coffee. But drink coffee without sugar if that's bare able. Also even though your weight might not be dropping it's possible that your muscle mass is increasing at the same time so even thought the scale is staying the same number its possible that your looking more defined and fit but still the same weight.
    You should check your BMI with the measurements around the neck waist thighs etc. And use number to continue your progression. (Don't use the weight / height BMI because that won't take into consideration for muscle mass)
  • zinnyangel
    zinnyangel Posts: 6 Member
    Alright, thanks for that advice. What of raspberry ketones as a metabolism booster?
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    edited January 2015
    zinnyangel wrote: »
    Alright, thanks for that advice. What of raspberry ketones as a metabolism booster?

Don't do this OP! That stuff is a load of crap.

How long have you stalled on weight loss?

If it's only been a week, don't sweat it. If its been more tighten up your logging.

No magic product helps with weight loss, only a calorie deficit creates it.

Eta: here are some reasons aside from not being in a calorie deficit someone might not be losing, assuming we're talking a few days or a week stint:

water retention. There are many ways to get temporary water weight gain. This isn't something to be concerned about but a factor in scale weight: excess sodium, cortisol from stress/lack of sleep, exercise, TOM for ladies, and not having a recent bowel movement. If you weigh in the morning and take the weight later, you will gain weight, as you've eaten food throughout the day.
    The best thing to do is make sure you're weighing in the same time/place/circumstance. If you weigh with a certain pair of clothes, always weigh in with it ( I always weigh in naked after my first morning bathroom break first thing in the morning)
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    KingTini wrote: »
    I've heard green tea speeds up ur metabolism and same with coffee. But drink coffee without sugar if that's bare able. Also even though your weight might not be dropping it's possible that your muscle mass is increasing at the same time so even thought the scale is staying the same number its possible that your looking more defined and fit but still the same weight.
    You should check your BMI with the measurements around the neck waist thighs etc. And use number to continue your progression. (Don't use the weight / height BMI because that won't take into consideration for muscle mass)

This isn't true at all, on all fronts.

there's no magical metabolism boosting products. It's always functioning, so as long as long as we're alive. If someone isn't losing over a several week period they're not in a calorie deficit.

Your muscle mass will NOT increase at the same rate of weight loss, that's crazy especially being a female we're at a disadvantage for muscle growth. I'd be Arnold Schwarzenegger if that were true, as I weightlifted throughout weight loss. And I even spent some time bulking(intention gain to build muscle). Weightlifting would be beneficial to retaining lean mass in a deficit, as well as other exercises but minimal newbie gains are all that's to be expected and the time frame is short-lived and not something that would mask weight loss.

If someone is not losing over a several week period, they need to look at their caloric intake, plain and simple.

I do agree there are other ways to judge progress, measurements and mirror are much more important than the scale in the long run but the scale has its place as a means to judge progress.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    KingTini wrote: »
    I've heard green tea speeds up ur metabolism and same with coffee. But drink coffee without sugar if that's bare able. Also even though your weight might not be dropping it's possible that your muscle mass is increasing at the same time so even thought the scale is staying the same number its possible that your looking more defined and fit but still the same weight.

No no no no.

OP, what are your stats? How long has it been since you lost weight? Can you open your diary?
  • zinnyangel
    Ok, thanks for all your advice. Its been 5weeks now and I am not loosing a dime. Well I admit I spilled over on the calories during the holidays but the weight started stalling even before the holidays. I work out more now so as to push it but no way! Its really frustrating.
  • zinnyangel
    Malibu, now I weigh 72.5kg. I started off at 95kg. My waist size has dropped from 112cm to 87cm. My clothing has also dropped from UK size 18/20 to a size 12/14, my target is size 8 ( so still have a long way to go).
    I think I have to create more calorie deficit, just hope I dont get malnourished :neutral_face: