Banana diet

Options
2»

Replies

• lilred_gld
    lilred_gld Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am the master of weight maintenance, loss is THE biggest struggle and I eat healthy and exercise. Did the 17 day diet and kicked off the loss with 8 lbs and that's all she wrote for the last 5 months
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    Um nope didn't flag Ya, no reason to!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend got potassium poisoning after eating an entire bunch of bananas at a sports competition, so I would definitely not recommend this.

If you want to lose weight and not gain it back you need to make a sustainable change. Eat less, move more. Balance your diet so you mainly eat healthily but can have treats too.
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    Banana bunkers eh
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    Thanks mumblemagic!
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    dakotababy I can't fix that
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    lilred_gld wrote: »
    Hmm no been on MFP for quite awhile! Thanks sarauk2sf!!

Welcome!

Have a read of this, it should help:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

• gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Mibby this says something about me but...does anyone else think those "bananna bunkers" are a bit errrr...how shall i put this..."likely to resemble something else" :-)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I love bananas, but wouldn't eat only bananas. Why? There's so much good food out there, don't give anything up unless for medical or possibly ethical or religious reasons.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I know someone who does this and follows freelee the banana girl....she doesn't lose any weight (i could never eat 2,000+ calories of bananas, wow) and she has the most disordered thoughts on eating and nutrition. (She believes she USED to have an eating disorder, but listening to her, it's pretty apparent that she still has disordered thinking going on).

Mono-diets sound like a bad idea to me, personally. I just use my food scale and eat whatever.
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    Blueseraphchaos thank you for the information!! That was a great testimony to hear! I have started to just eat whatever just staying under a set cal range. But gonna give it another 2 months to see if I can get a change in this going. It's not something I was definaltey do, just wanted to find out others info and think about how it will really help or hurt me! Thank you again!!
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    I remember at least a couple of threads started by people following Freelee's crazy diet advice. They were eating 2000-2500 calories a day of fruit (following her instructions) and couldn't understand why they were gaining weight.

I've seen some of her videos and read the guidelines for her programs. She's nutty as a raw vegan fruitcake.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    This may come of as patronizing and it is not intended to be. I have to say, its kind of refreshing not to have the OP act all butthurt and actually seem to take on the advice when faced with the usual:

- some advice to not do <insert bad idea> - some blunt, some not so blunt
    - some ribbing
    - some gifs

Usually by now, the OP would have insulted everyone and called them bullies, as well as insisted that they know what they are doing and everyone else is wrong - or at least that's the way 95% of the threads seem to go.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    This may come of as patronizing and it is not intended to be. I have to say, its kind of refreshing not to have the OP act all butthurt and actually seem to take on the advice when faced with the usual:

- some advice to not do <insert bad idea> - some blunt, some not so blunt
    - some ribbing
    - some gifs

Usually by now, the OP would have insulted everyone and called them bullies, as well as insisted that they know what they are doing and everyone else is wrong - or at least that's the way 95% of the threads seem to go.

Kudos to the OP
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I would be miserable on this kind of diet. I rarely eat bananas, even though I like them. I like my protein and complex carbs more. I would probably be hangry the entire time on this diet because bananas do nothing for my hunger. The only time I really eat them is when I need more calories, but I don't really want to eat much or already feel full. Not to mention I would get bored with bananas by the end of the first day.
  • lilred_gld
    Options
    That's another reason boredom, of why I wanted to get ideas lol!! I LOVE bananas and could eat many in a day but.... a WHOLE diet. :# Awwww thanks you two are thoughtful! o:)
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Good advice on here. I went on a short fruit diet many years ago, eating nothing but fruit with a focus on bananas. I only lasted a few days, until my teeth literally started to ache. When I specifically looked it up online, I saw many people who were fruitarians for any length of time ended up with dental problems and cavities. I did lose some initial weight, but quickly gained it back and then some. This seems to always be the way with any type of special diet.