how many hours a week do you workout?

Options
I average between 130-250 hours a week. I know health experts say you should try and get 250 for weightloss, and 190 for health but some weeks it is really hard to get to those numbers.
so what about you?
My stats are I lost 70lbs on my own without MFP..I am just maintaining and increasing my fitness stats.

Replies

• higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 3-4 days a week. Some days I can only squeeze in 20 minutes; others I can get 80. it just depends. Most weeks I I think I get close to 190 hours.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I hope you mean you shoot for 130-250 minutes per week. ;)

I normally shoot for 300 minutes per week and I usually exceed that.
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Gosh! I only do a humble 3 hours!
  • rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i do around 4-6 hours per week sometimes more depending on how busy i am
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Clearly you mean minutes as there aren't 250 hours in a week...

During field hockey season I get a minimum of 5-6 hours of exercise including training & playing and weight lifting. It's usually more like 6-7 hrs if I choose to run as well. Plus I'm just active with walking the dog, running around doing errands, cleaning, etc.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Gosh I hope 250 hours is not a goal for working out!

My goals are for 30 minutes 4 times a week. I have been sick so I had to create a new goal to get back into exercising. I had not worked out for 3 weeks before yesterday. Thank goodness I did not lose all my strength.

Right now 120 minutes is doable...

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I do about 75-90 minutes each week.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Between 3 and 5 hours depending how much time I have, how motivated I feel, and how much food I intend to stuff in my face that week.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm putting in around 7 hours per week. When we get more daylight, it will be more like 10 hours.

I'm not sure how you're getting 250 hours in a week, since there are only 168 hours available.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    About 7 hours per week. 2 hours of that (over three days) is strength training. The rest of the time is brisk walking, jogging, or dancing--whatever gets me to my 10,000+ daily step average.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Last year I averaged 8 hours and 13 minutes each week:

* 4:33 cycling
    * 1:01 running
    * 1:44 walking and hiking
    * 0:15 canoeing and rowing
    * 0:07 cross-country skiing
    * 0:33 strength training

I generally did more in the summer, and the cross-country skiing was just a few outings when the snow was decent in my area. A good amount of cycling was commuting to and from work.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    It can vary greatly. From 90 mins a week to over 8-10 hours if I am training for an endurance event.
  • fbaglione
    fbaglione Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do 20 minutes of intense Cardio 4 days a week, 20 minutes of weight lifting 4 days/week and I walk the dog for 20 minutes, twice a week for a total of apx 200 min of weekly exercise
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I average about 4 hours a week... (lol, how are you not dead after non-stop exercising? ;) )
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do 30 mins a day of bodyweight exercise and dumbbells exercise. All I need is a pull-up bar and a pair of dumbbells.

210 minutes a week or 3.5 hours.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    yS1n9Lh.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I average between 130-250 hours a week. I know health experts say you should try and get 250 for weightloss, and 190 for health but some weeks it is really hard to get to those numbers.
    so what about you?
    My stats are I lost 70lbs on my own without MFP..I am just maintaining and increasing my fitness stats.

there are only 168 hours in a week ....
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    7 days a week, 2 to 3 hours cardio a day.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I do at least 4 hours a week
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hours? ;)