What is your goal weight for anyone over 6 feet tall?

Options
I am 6 foot 8, and I used to weigh 290 pounds. I have lost 62 pounds, and now I am at 228. My goal weight is around 215, but everyone tells me that I already look too skinny. Any one else having the same problem?

Replies

• JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am only 6'5 but my goal is only 220-225 and my current weight is 230 for what its worth. I guess it depends on body type and muscle structure of the individual.

To be honest long as its not creating a medical issue, go to what makes you happy. I constantly hear I don't need to lose anymore, but im going to finish these last 10 for sure.
  • MLLeFever
    MLLeFever Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 6'4 and when I was in decent shape, I was 215. Ideally I would like to get back down to that weight.

It really depends on your build imo. when I dropped down to 200, I was closer to what the bmi scale wanted (terrible idea), but I looked sickly.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm only 6' 5" and my goal is 208. At one time, I dropped down to 190, but when I look at the pictures from then, I looked unhealthy. You could probably stand to lose a few more pounds, since people generally start talking about how skinny you look before you get down to your ideal weight, but depending on your body type, 215 may be less than ideal.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It looks like your BMI range is 209 - 255 lbs. I understand that range doesn't fully take into account people with substantial muscle mass. However, you are in the middle of that range already. 215 will put you pretty much at the bottom and yes you will look quite thin, but that's not necessarily a bad thing!