Best way to curb sugar cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• BabyWeight821
    BabyWeight821 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Personally what works for me is sipping on either some hot chocolate or coffee with some flavored creamer. A lot of times I want something sweet but I'm not actually hungry but sipping on something like hot chocolate takes awhile and takes my mind off wanting some ice cream, etc and curbs my sweet cravings. If I want some chocolate I'll have hot cocoa, if I want something fruity I'll have some fiber one fruit snacks or some strawberries. I can't have cookies or ice cream because that's all I will eat and will totally go overboard. I used to sip on a diet coke for a while to curb any snacking but I have cut out soda and only have it once in a while.
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I take a spoonful of peanut or almond butter. works like a charm and also fills really good!
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Some people swear by really small servings taking really small bites - sometimes I do it with ice cream and a really small spoon - a small little bite has about as much flavour as a mouthful
  • gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    maybe try to stay around the sugar grams mfp gives you in your diary section?
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I am the same with sugar, it is definitely a trigger for me and something I rarely can consume in moderation. If I am craving sweets, I have a few sugar free items that taste sweet enough to shut it down, diet root beer or SF hot cocoa or chocolate pudding also do the trick. Sometimes I will have a piece of 50 calorie dark chocolate (such as a dove dark) and that will help as well. As I've gotten back on track this week I've kept sugar free hard candies in my car for when the craving hits. If nothing else, taking the time to have one gives the craving time to pass!

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    try to avoid a sweet breakfast. I find that, for me, having sweet first thing in the morning makes me crave more all day.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I don't have much of a sweet tooth but occasionally will really crave a dessert for no good reason. I'll make room in my calories for something I really love, but for a random "huh, I want something sweet" feeling, I find a cup of peppermint tea usually satisfies.