Low calorie Salty snacks

Options
Hey..
Over the last year I've put on 10 lbs that I would like to say goodbye too. My calorie allotment is 1200 cals a day which has been tough for me. I've never really had cravings for sweets, but struggle with salty foods. Does anyone have any helpful tips or low calorie snack ideas that would help with my salty cravings? TIA

Replies

• makingchanges18
    makingchanges18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello there.

My once and a while go-to-snack is pop corners. I get them from Costco and I get the kettle flavoured ones. I hope this helps!!
  • makingchanges18
    makingchanges18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sorry they are sweet and salty. I forgot to add that.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    BACON!
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Pretzels are my fav's.

But, if you only have 10lbs to lose you should be eating more than 1200/calories. I have a feeling your deficit is too aggressive. I'm at 1600/calories and have lost 5.6lbs since Dec. 10th. I have about 3-4 to go...
  • LeslieB042812
    LeslieB042812 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Pretzels are my fav's.

But, if you only have 10lbs to lose you should be eating more than 1200/calories. I have a feeling your deficit is too aggressive. I'm at 1600/calories and have lost 5.6lbs since Dec. 10th. I have about 3-4 to go...

The "right" number of calories depends on a whole lot more than how much there is to lose. I'm a short, middle-aged female, so 1200-1300 is what I need to be at in order to lose, whatever amount I have left to go.

With that said, hot air popped popcorn is a great low calorie snack that you can make salty, spicy or sweet! :smile:
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'll throw my hat in for popcorn as well! I usually prefer to make my own air popped, but the SkinnyPop or whatever and similar brands are actually often pretty good.
  • ladylambeau
    ladylambeau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love Pirate's Booty. They are crunchy, salty, cheesy puffs (white... not orange like cheetohs). I get a big box of individual size bags at Costso ($5 for 36 bags) and each bag is only 60 calories! Yum. I'm eating them right now LOL
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I give my vote to pickles.
  • Beefse11
    Beefse11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a suggestion that if 1600 calories is hard for you to manage, you should workout and then you will have more calories to work with.
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips. Love these....about 30 = 100 calories. Very filling and satisfying. Yummers. http://www.specialk.com/en_us/products/cracker-chips.html
  • WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Kimchi is the perfect salty snack. SUPER low in calories, and contains probiotics.
  • lyssadsn
    lyssadsn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, this was SUPER helpful!