Starting again, fell off the wagon.

Options
13»

Replies

• sierradawn82
    sierradawn82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I get what you are saying. In away it is keeping your self accountable because you have someone who is motivating you too! Only thing is dont get to wrapped up because every persons body is different. That is great you found a motivation tho and congrats on your amazing 35 pound loss!! 4 months that is impressive!! :)
    @sierradawn82 Good for you getting back into it, this app pays off in both the short term and long term. I enter the new year being 35 pounds lighter than I was in September so I have done really well but I feel motivation waning - I did have a good friend to "compete" with but she has since moved on - I find that is the secret, knowing someone is there to compete with and make sure you maintain your progress.

• Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh good... glad not to be solo here. I have gained, lost, lost gained... ect ect.

Well... here we are and that is the good news. If we have done it before we can do it again, this time we just have to really pay attention to the foundation and mantain it, instead of neglecting it thinking it can handle itself.

We got this
  • amywhitbread
    amywhitbread Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm new to this app. Hoping to stop the binge eating and lose a few kg :)
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I lost 32 lbs last time I was on here but hit a plateau for 3 months and quit and I gained 38 lbs!!
  • queenmia87
    Options
    @sierradawn82 Good for you getting back into it, this app pays off in both the short term and long term. I enter the new year being 35 pounds lighter than I was in September so I have done really well but I feel motivation waning - I did have a good friend to "compete" with but she has since moved on - I find that is the secret, knowing someone is there to compete with and make sure you maintain your progress.

• shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on getting back on track. Feel free to add me. I am down 125 pounds in just under a year. I did it without surgery, pills, or any crazy diets. Heck, I still eat pretty much what I want. I do eat a little cleaner but still am not stressed by it. If you want to know how add me and send me a message.
  • officialmellis
    officialmellis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I lost 90lbs in about a year with MyFitnessPal, and then gained 40lbs back due to emotional stress and binge eating. But now I'm starting back on track just like you. Let's stick with it! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • FRJM
    FRJM Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    FR sent - I've lost, gained, lost, gained....am determined to lose and stay that way!!
  • danaslh
    danaslh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ME TOO...I lost 17 lbs using MFP (need to lose 30 ARRGH) got it all back.. I fell of the wagon.. I neeeed motivation. When I log what I eat I do well not over eating and getting back in my exercise regiment.
  • danaslh
    danaslh Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mhines wrote: »
    Glad I'm not the only one starting back lol. This makes my 3rd time

This is my third time on MFP too.. but.. one of many attempts to losing and KEEPING weight off. I did well for years. Then All of a sudden this past year I am struggling. Found out I have a nodule ( or whatever it may be) on my thyroid... I CERTAINLY hope this is not the sign of things yet to be!! I am getting way to old to be playing these games.. lol. AND I dont want to be an oompaloompa UGH!!
  • samvinton
    samvinton Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am starting again also. I had lost 35 pounds and kept it off for about a year and a half. Then I got lazy and have gained every pound back. I am determined this time to keep the weight off! Good Luck to all of you!
  • aisan1
    aisan1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Well same story with me. I lost 10 kg and gained it back because of not using the app some personal problems leading to stress and emotional eating specially sweets and now I want to fit in my clothes again.
  • je55wow
    je55wow Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Exactly the same for me!
    Annoyed with myself! Worked so hard to lose it and have let a stone creep back on. Now I have to motivate myself to lose it, and by May!

• Loca4Fitness
    Options
    HI EVERYONE- I TOO FELL OFF THE WAGON. I AM READY AND BACK!! I COULD USE SOME MORE FRIENDS FOR MOTIVATION OR SHARING INFO.... THANKS AND BEST OF LUCK TO ALL - I HOPE YOU REACH YOUR GOAL AND MAINTAIN THE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE YOU CHANGED INTO!!
  • charmedsooner
    charmedsooner Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Same here. I'm trying to recapture the mindset I had when I lost weight a couple of years ago. It seemed so easy then, but I've had the hardest time staying focused lately.