Always hungry grrrr

Options
Help!!!!

I always hungry! I eat breakfast drink lots of water have a banana for mid morning snack and I am still hungry so hungry I hear my stomach growling but it's not lunch yet! What do I do any suggestions? Please Help I'm trying so hard to be good

Replies

• fieldm1
    Options
    Hey when your hungry just remember you are burning calories during that time and maby that will help you not concentrate on the hunger pangs! Works for me! :)
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Are you getting enough protein? For me if I get my calories but feel hungry, usually I am lacking protein.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    It looks like your goal is 1600 cals a day to loose weight and approx. 1700 to 1800 cals for exercise days.

1600 a day it might be too low for you.. It sounds like you may need to adjust your calories if you are still hungry.

If my stomach rumbles I try to drink water first because sometimes it is really telling me I need to drink. If after 20 minutes I am still rumbling, I have a snack.

For me, your energy intake looks really good and you are eating back most of your exercise calories. I really sounds like your starting goal may be too low.
  • mona52bask
    mona52bask Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know when I eat bananas, they make me hungrier. I guess because of the carbs. Maybe munch on a few almonds or protein, for a mid morning snack. This might keep the stomach from growling. I hope this helps. :smile:
  • cesilyg
    Options
    Thank you I will try these changes :)
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    mona52bask wrote: »
    I know when I eat bananas, they make me hungrier. I guess because of the carbs. Maybe munch on a few almonds or protein, for a mid morning snack. This might keep the stomach from growling. I hope this helps. :smile:

I was going to say the same thing. For whatever reason, bananas always leave me feeling more hungry than before I ate them. Try something more satiating that has some protein and fat, and see if that helps.
  • danakadrush
    Options
    I like adding chia seeds to my water. 1 tablespoon has more calcium than a glass of milk, tons of omega-3's, and they are made up of protein, fat and dietary fiber. That means that while your body is busy processing them, you will feel more full and you will be getting that protein that your body needs to stay full. I drink these when I start getting hungry, and keep sipping the bottle after my midmorning snack until lunch with good results.
  • wuany
    wuany Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Can you taste the chia seeds? I may have to try that because I'm always hungry too.
  • kcd1961
    kcd1961 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    By all means try different things to see if it helps with the hunger, but it may be that hunger (or some other similar sensation that is not really hunger - maybe anxiety or boredom) is your lifelong companion and maybe you need to make peace with it and learn to accept it as part of your journey. Time will tell. In the meantime - the mental trick of "I'm hungry - that means I am burning fat and moving towards my goal" is a potential ally. That has been my experience. Using the 5:2 approach was really helpful, although initially difficult in making peace with hunger.
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you need to rearrange your calories. Do you eat bigger meals at night? Maybe eat "dinner" at breakfast time and see how it goes. I need to eat a bigger lunch and smaller dinner to stay full during the day.
  • daysonrock26
    daysonrock26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    eat more protein food