sweet potato

Options
wakey86
wakey86 Posts: 2 Member
Hi guys has anyone got a receipe for sweet potatoes, cheers :)

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I just like to bake mine. I rub them down with a little oil and sprinkle with some kosher salt and coarse black pepper...poke some holes in it, wrap in foil and bake @ 400* for about an hour. I like mine with just a little butter and green onions or chives.
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I like to roast mine with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. I also make sweet potato cakes by mixing mashed sweet potatoes with salt, pepper, an egg, and a few tablespoons of flour. Shape into patties, dredge in breadcrumbs and sautee em up in some olive oil :smile: Hope this helps.
  • reidl49
    reidl49 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I actually did some last night. They take a little while to bake. I put two directly on my oven rack ( lined with foil) at 400 for about 45 min.
  • reidl49
    reidl49 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Also pierce them with a fork in several spots- it helps sep from the skin
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm super lazy and microwave mine... a little butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon... omnomnom. Lunch for today in fact! :)
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I chop mine into cubes (don't even peel it) and toss it in the acti-fry with rosemary, garlic and a touch of salt/evoo. Pretty much as effortless I can make it and always turns out delish!
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I mash about 3 pounds worth and eat it throughout the week.
    The IDGAF Version: peeled sweet potatoes, 1 stick of butter, and honey (usually a few tbsp).

The Cutting Version: peeled sweet potatoes, 2 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp honey.
  • JCM1969
    JCM1969 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste has a sweet potato hash (YUM) and a few other recipes. I usually just nuke them and eat plain...
  • goochummer
    goochummer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When you make sweet potato mash how many days will it keep in the fridge for? Thanks ☺
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    goochummer wrote: »
    When you make sweet potato mash how many days will it keep in the fridge for? Thanks ☺

It never lasts long, but I'd say the longest was 5 days.
  • ash12783
    ash12783 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I like them baked with a serving of cheese dip like for chips as a garnish, sounds weird I know but it's good and that cheese only has like 50-60 calories depending on brand and since it's creamy it eliminates me wanting butter and stuff like that on it.
  • wakey86
    wakey86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks sounds good thanks
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I like cubing them then tossing with olive oil, cinnamon, clove, and a little bit of cayanne, and of course salt and pepper. Then roast in the oven. Super tasty.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You can use thin slices and and make a lasagne with it instead of pasta leaves. Or roast it in the oven. Sweet potato mash is good too.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Chop em toss em in garlic, cinnamon, cayenne, oregano salt, and olive oil bake at 375 for 40 mins tossing halfway through.
  • Rhysicle
    Options
    I chipped a large sweet potato the other day and had it with turkey burgers. Peel the potato, cut it up, toss in a baking tray with a little olive oil, salt and pepper then in the oven at 220c for 20-30 mins... beautiful. One large sweet potato with two medium sized homemade turkey burgers and some wilted spinach was around 450 cals.
  • slimknotty
    Options
    Cut into wedges and toss in a bit of oil and Paprika, roast and eat ;)
  • astridtheviking
    astridtheviking Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I made this today and it’s definitely a [shock, horror] obviously healthy food but anyways...

mix 1/2 c cooked & mashed sweet potato with 1/4 c pb and 1 banana, 4 egg whites or 2 eggs, and a drop of vanilla. put it in mini-muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes at 375. they’re not overly sweet but, I like the flavor!
  • Sierrasdawn2
    Sierrasdawn2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-potato-and-black-bean-chili-2/detail.aspx

Just going to say...This was AMAZING...had it last week and going to make it again this week!!
  • shaunsmoot
    shaunsmoot Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Bake it like a normal potato & top it with light sour cream, salt & pepper. It's delicious!