sweet potato

Options

Replies

• bzelady
    bzelady Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For a sweet treat. I do one sweet potato warm and mashed. I add lite whip cream and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Great tasty treat. I also use sweet potato for a veggie burger.. I mash sweet potato and add my favorite spices , add corn, a little bread crumbs and shape into a patty then pan fry using olive oil.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Bake in Brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, and top with marshmallow.
  • Ellaskat
    Ellaskat Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    wakey86 wrote: »
    Hi guys has anyone got a receipe for sweet potatoes, cheers :)
    /
    Can you see my recipes? I'm not sure how to make that visible. I just made curried sweet potatoes, and my husband who hates sweet potatoes even liked them. I think the recipe came from cooking light if that helps.
  • nhall2186
    Options
    Diced with onion, yellow squash, garlic and roasted in the oven. Left overs I use to make Curried Sweet Potato/squash soup. It makes the house smell devine!
  • Kmbrin7656
    Options
    I bake mine on the top rack wrapped in foil, usually I don't add anything b/c they're yummy enough, but if needed I add a small amount of real butter about 1/2 tbsp. or I smash them and do the same with seasoning, or cubed and bake them with your favorite seasonings and olive oil, I like to make mine spicy so I add a litte crushed red pepper, paprika, and Cajun seasoning.
  • waxflower
    waxflower Posts: 47
    edited January 2015
    Options
    http://thehealthyfoodie.com/hasselback-sweet-potatoes/

This is one of my favorites. I used what I have on hand in replacement for some of the ingredients - so olive oil or butter or even cooking spray for ghee and regular salt instead of Himalayan. Anyways, yum.
  • cindi4140
    Options
    Peel (or not), cube into about 1" pieces, toss with a little grapeseed oil, splenda brown sugar, sprinkle blacj pepper. Bake in casserole dish or pie plate at 400 til tender (depends on how big chunks are)....about 25 min. Awesome!
  • jennkamp
    jennkamp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to make sweet potato chips and use in my nachos. I slice them thin with a mandolin, season and bake until crisp. You can find recipes on pinterest. I like shredded chicken, black beans, avacodo, Greek yogurt and salsa on my nachos.
  • TrainingToBePerfect
    TrainingToBePerfect Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Yummy, all these sound amazing.

I usually put mine in the actifry with some seasonings. I've done it like a twice baked potato but it seems to be just a little too much..
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Really good baked. I just sprinkle on a little cinnamon.
    I wrap it in foil also. Make sure you have something under the potato (I make a little aluminum foil tray. The sugar seeps out and can make a huge mess in the oven.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Microwave - scoop out the good stuff, then spoon it next to a big plate of of yummy chilli!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    If you like spicy food, bake the potato without piercing the skin - when done they shrink on the inside away from the skin and are kind of caramelized without adding any sugars. Then, split the potato open and top with some diced fresh jalapeno or serrano peppers and a couple tablespoons of fat free greek yogurt. To add more protein and make it a meal, I also add a lightly poached egg on top (add extra egg whites to increase the protein). The yolk running through is incredible. You might need a dash of salt to taste.

It's absolutely my favorite way to have a sweet potato.
  • thecriticalvirgo
    thecriticalvirgo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Cut them into slices with beets, onion, carrots, leeks, garlic, olive oil, herbs de Provence, celery and bake for like 30 mins at 375. I like to put this as a side to my chicken.
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I cube them...nuke them in a some honey....mash up....cool....add to frozen blueberries, celery, kale, seeds, dessicated coconut, almond milk or coconut water, fat free greek yoghurt, dessicated coconut, slivered almonds, sprinkle of cinnamon and a dash of vanilla essence...into blender...and yummy smoothie!
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have grated them and made hash browns or cubed them with carrots and onions and cooked in the pressure cooker with a pork tenderloin for a tasty pot roast.
  • AmyJ1211
    AmyJ1211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    How about soup? I tried this one and liked it a lot.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/creamy-sweet-potato-soup
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I buy sweet potatoes that are individually wrapped in a plastic film (with a sticker saying "Microwave me!") for convenience.

microwave-ready_sweet_potatoes_(front_only).jpg

So i just pop one in the microwave with the plastic wrap on for roughly 5 minutes. The result is a DELICIOUS sweet potato that has seperated from the skin and is all soft and sweet. Then i open the plastic, cut it down the middle, and add butter salt and pepper. Sweet potatoes are already sweet enough so just some salt and peppa!
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I like these ideas. :)
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Cubed, a little bit of oil, with paprika, garlic and onions. Don't overcook them to where they get mushy.

Works really well with the red (white flesh) sweet potatoes I've never seen before moving to Jersey. They don't get soft like the common orange flesh kind.