NSV-- i could use some support here.

Options
2»

Replies

• ocsurfmama
    ocsurfmama Posts: 127
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that you weren't showered with hugs and thumbs ups. I am holding two thumbs up for you!! That is a great accomplishment! Maybe you could find a moment to let your mom know how hard it was for you to reach that goal and it hurt your feelings a bit that she couldn't find a "cheerleading" moment. I bet if she tried to go with you and run with you she would appreciate more all the effort you are putting in.

Bright side...look how proud we are of YOU!!!!! I know it's not the same but believe me when I say that you are inspiring to others here for your great accomplishment!
  • Domestica
    Domestica Posts: 91
    Options
    Let me guess...your mom is overweight?

The reality is, people will react in two ways to your success:

1. Inspired, encouraging and motivated to make their own healthy changes

OR

2. Disinterested, pessimistic, or downright rude. Why? Because they don't want to admit that what you're doing is great or they will have to face their own weaknesses in those areas.
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd just turn it into something off the wall & funny like say, "yeah, my face does that just before I break wind."

Congrats on the run. I hope to do a 5K at the end of the month. You can be MY inspiration.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I will play your mom... (clears throat)... that is AWESOME!!!!! I am sooo proud of you honey. It is sooo wonderful how far you have come! When can I keep the kid(s) again so that you can practice some more!!!

Congratulations really!!! I can't run for 2 minutes at a time!
  • Ree_Chatelain
    Ree_Chatelain Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I will play your mom... (clears throat)... that is AWESOME!!!!! I am sooo proud of you honey. It is sooo wonderful how far you have come! When can I keep the kid(s) again so that you can practice some more!!!

Congratulations really!!! I can't run for 2 minutes at a time!

You just won the best mom ever award!! Thanks you that's all I wanted to hear =)
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    LOL, sounds like something mine would say.

Hey, good for you. Running a 5K is awesome. Keep it up!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Well, you can always count on family to knock you down when you've reached a peak...oh well, that is life. As for the 5K...GREAT JOB! Wear that red face like a badge of honor!
  • sanddollar
    sanddollar Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Your accomplishment is simply amazing!!! Don't let anyone rain on your parade! I am proud of you!!!!!!!!!!
  • kiwi_dee
    kiwi_dee Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    5ks is amazing!!! Well done:happy:
  • MadamaOpera
    MadamaOpera Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I echo these sentiments. You are awesome! I wish I could do that! I started "running" back at the end of January and I still cannot continuously run for more than half a mile. Running kills me... way to conquer!
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    ReneeOfTheFae Posts: 117
    Options
    Sometimes jealous family and friends can get us down. Don't let them. You're giving your kids a great example of how to be healthy and get excited about it. You are amazing.
    Never forget that.
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well done you achieved your goal & don't let someone else take that from you. It is really hard when its your Mom that can't show the encouragement that you deserve and that is her issue not yours.
    I have friends like that & when it comes to running a distance they never commit to it & think I'm a nutter because I 'train' to complete the task :explode: but they won't stop me & you will keep going - if for nothing else just to annoy the hell out of your Mom:tongue:
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    Way to go!!! I am sorry your mom didn't show more support, but that is why we are here!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Your my inspiration! I too am training to run a 5K and I know how hard it is. Congratualtions on getting through it to the end. Thats awesome!!! I'm so happy for you. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!