Any drinkers on here?

Options
Laurenmp16
Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
Looking for friends with healthy lifestyles that don't give up all of their fun either! I try to exercise a few times a week, and drink about the same. It's all balance, right??

I'd love to see some friends diaries that have drinks in them, too!

I've been on MFP for over a year now. I had great success the first year and lost about 25 lbs. Now, I've gained over 10 of it back. I'm ready to be back on track, but I've lost a lot of my drinking pals.

Please feel free to add me! Females preferred and no creepers please!

Replies

• nikkipaige
    nikkipaige Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Fellow drinker here :) Feel free to add me! Congratulations on the loss! That is amazing!!!
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Bottoms up!

I don't plan on giving alcohol up. Like ever.
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm a drinker. Its one of my resolutions to work on it a little this year. If anything, I want to be better at tracking it. I tend to lose track and then try to estimate really high how much I had. So if you're looking at my diary on a drinking day and wonder how I'm not dead, it's likely an overestimation. At least I hope.... :smile: Request sent!
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    ^lol same here...although I tend to not log my alcohol. By the end of the night...I don't remember how much a drank. Unless I just stick with beer. Then I do log it.
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I love my craft beer, but generally it just kills my progress so I try to keep it in moderation.... feel free to add me.
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    lilmiss_sunshine29 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Bottoms up!

I don't plan on giving alcohol up. Like ever.

well said!
  • yourradimradletshug
    yourradimradletshug Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Angry Orchard always seems to find it's way on to my diary haha. It was on there yesterday! Feel free to add me.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    "Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy." (erroneously attributed to Ben Franklin)
    No truer words could be spoken. Cheers.
  • beachlover83
    beachlover83 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I drink too! Trying to not drink as much while I'm working on getting off some of the initial weight, but you'll definitely see some drinks in my diary :)
  • I'm not giving it up either. But I do need to keep it in moderation! I started a new job in July and I swear I've put on 12-15 pounds due to stress! I come home every night and have a few delicious beverages. Trying to stop this bad habit and keep it to one weekend night a week. I already feel less "puffy" and it's only been 1 week! :)
  • elstitcher
    Options
    Hi guys! I am new to MFP. I've been a WW lifetime member for years, but have been horrible about doing it online, and it has gotten really expensive! So, I thought I'd give this a try. New year, trying to get back on track, blah blah blah ;-). The online tracker is similar to that of WW, which I like, but uses calories instead of points....THIS is new to me. I also am a drinker. My hubby and I are trying to cut it out during the week at the very least. I would like to lose 20-25 lbs, ugh. Have you guys had a lot of success with this app?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I drink water and coffee. That makes me a drinker, right? I don't log them because they're both calorie-free.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the adds guys! I definitely drink less when I'm on track. After killing myself at the gym for an hour and a half, I feel guilty cracking a beer, so it naturally reduces itself. But all bets are off on the weekend! lol
  • janinius
    janinius Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    They can take my booze when they pull it from my cold dead fingers. Too much? I drink as well and try to keep it in moderation especially now with this enhanced fitness pal set up. Feel free to add me.
  • mossiejoe
    mossiejoe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Muffin Top made by Blue Moon, UGH! My beloved beer probably responsible for 3/4 of the 50 I need to lose. All week no beer... tough. Today is my "Friday" see how I do. Limit libations down to once a week instead of a couple.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    Hello! I am a lover of beer and have been brewing my own for about 14 years.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    I'm definitely a drinker. I try to keep it in moderation, but that's something that is often an on-going struggle for me. Sometimes I get into the habit of drinking every. single. night, and that's when I rein it in, but I'll never give up my social drinking. I do try to balance it with some extra cardio, though.
  • VoodooChummy
    VoodooChummy Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mardi Gras Season getting ready to kick up so the drinking definitely increases for a while.
  • kkonecny12
    Options
    I always log my drinks because they contain so many hidden calories! In my heart I am a wine drinker, so I try to limit myself to two bottles over a seven-day span and then one night I drink hard alcohol and limit that to three drinks. Vodka + seltzer water/club soda (NOT tonic water) + lime is a great drink when you are watching your weight because it is so low in sugar/carbs/calories. If it is still too bitter with just lime, try adding a *tiny* splash of juice to sweeten it. Of course, if you can have your drinks on the rocks, that is probably best for weight loss!
  • Elizabeths0924
    Elizabeths0924 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I def know that the majority of the 40 lbs I want to lose is from alcohol. I am a big champagne lover but realized that a bottle of champange adds up in the belly quickly. I am laying off the drinks for the month of January to kick start the weight loss and cleanse a bit but after that I will still have some occassionally. I just want to make sure I track them so I know how it is affecting my calories.