Fave Ice Cream treats for an addict ;)

Options

Replies

• MirandaDeCrane
    MirandaDeCrane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Add me to the Skinny Cow fan club :) Also love the WW toffee bars. We also have a self serve frozen yogurt place with a topping bar that really hits the spot!
  • Inked2Love
    Inked2Love Posts: 48
    Options
    Ice cream sandwiches, yummy! I've eaten 10 of the 12 in a box just on the way home from the store. Talk about sugar high!

I quit buying them when I came to MFP and ditto on peanut butter.

I may get some next summer because I discovered water and breakfast. So I don't think I will be famished at the store.

OMG yup im terrible with PB...i can only have PB2 in the house cuz if not..i eat the whole jar...
  • Inked2Love
    Options
    Arctic Zero--150 calories for the WHOLE PINT!
    Holy cow! Lol wheres this found at???
  • rlariley
    rlariley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like making ice cream sandwiches out of graham crackers and cool whip. You can use any kind of graham cracker and any kind of cool whip you choose. Just measure it out so you know how many calories are in each sandwich you make. Put them in the freezer and eat one when you get the craving for ice cream. They are Yummy!!!
  • islandgirl1427
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of ice cream. I just have my moments with it. But while looking for a low fat, low calorie cold summer snack, I found "Jamba - Coconut Pineapple Passion Smashin' Yogurt & Sorbet Bar. It's all natural and low in fat. 90 Calories per bar. I love it. It's yummy and I don't feeling guilty having a bar every now and again :)

Being that I am from the caribbean, the flavors are awesome and works great for me. Kinda reminds me of back home.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    I enjoy the Weight Watchers frozen yogurt strawberry bars, with real strawberry pieces. Only 60 calories.
    Also the WW small ice cream cups. These are great because they are only 1$ at walmart. I like the fudge brownie flavor. Only 150 calories. My husband eats the choc mint.
  • Inked2Love
    Options
    I like making ice cream sandwiches out of graham crackers and cool whip. You can use any kind of graham cracker and any kind of cool whip you choose. Just measure it out so you know how many calories are in each sandwich you make. Put them in the freezer and eat one when you get the craving for ice cream. They are Yummy!!!

Ive done this with rice cakes!1 yummy!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers also makes a dark chocolate raspberry bar that is only 80 calories and delish!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow makes ice cream cups that are 150-170 calories. About 4 or 5 different flavors and they are all yummy!!
  • alex063287
    alex063287 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to ice cream! I love Slim-A-Bear 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches, breyer's 130 calorie triple chocolate bar is amazing and 150 brownie caramel ice cream sandwich is great. Also weight watchers candy ice cream bar is AMAZING. Oh I love it all! How they are all under 160 still amazes me!
  • redexpress
    redexpress Posts: 6
    Options
    Ben and Jerrys Cinnabun Ice cream! SO GOOD!! Best ice cream hands down.. Maggie Moo's Cinnamoo is similar too!
  • Inked2Love
    Options
    OMG IT TURNS OUT ARTIC ZERO IS MADE RIGHT HERE IN CALI..BY MY HUBBYS UNCLES HOUSE!! only 2 hrs away...and alot of the health food stores sell it. Lol soooooo checking it out this weekend :)
  • treadingpurple
    Options
    I had this problem for a while, where i would crave ice cream so badly that i would eat way more than the serving size.

After a while of that, I discovered that if I buy popsicles, they help with craving ice cream (or something cold), and they are pretty tasty. I buy a large bag of 18 of the store brand popsicles or a box of the Dryers Real Fruit popsicles. I especially like lime and strawberry popsicles. After doing this for the past 2 weeks, I don't crave ice cream nearly as much.

Jessie
  • teuxbfit
    teuxbfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I keep frozen bananas in my freezer and throw one in a small food processor with a splash of milk and protein powder (optional) and blend on high for a few minutes. The consistency is similar to soft serve ice cream. You can add cocoa powder, cinnamon, chocolate chips, peanut butter -- whatever to flavor. If you search "Raw Banana Soft Serve" or just "Banana Soft Serve" - you'll find additional recipes on the web. I have also used frozen berries, almond milk and add protein powder (the one I use has zantham gum which helps to thicken). You could really use just about any frozen fruit. This really works well for me!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Where do you get your PB2? Looking to get some that isn't so absorbantly expensive!
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    80 cal fudgsicle, or I make my own yogurt popsicles--with blended fresh fruit, yogurt, milk and h2o.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I like the Skinny Cow treats. They are individuallly wrapped in single servings. As weird as it is to say, I don't have a self control issue. In my house right now there is regular ice cream and boxes of girl scout cookies from before I started watching what I was eating and I haven't touched them. My issue is portion control, which is why I like the single serving sizes.
  • prettyinpink246
    Options
    I'm actually kind of glad that I stumbled upon this post because I was just saying the other day that ice cream is my weakness. Put cookies and cake in front of me along with ice cream and I will choose the ice cream. I have tried skinny cow and I do agree that they are really good. I want to try the Edys Slow Churned Low Fat Frozen Yogurt but just haven't gotten around to buying it. I looked at the nutrition label and it looks pretty healthy. Has anyone tried the Frozen Yogurt before?
  • matwood74
    matwood74 Posts: 111
    Options
    Edy's has a great frozen yogurt!!! A scoop of it is only 90 calories!! I find in the warmer months,
    I have a hard time refusing when we take the kids to the Dairy Queen or Baskin Robbins..... so
    I either opt for yogurt, or a kids sized scoop. Also, if you like sundaes..... get strawberry sundaes
    instead of hot fudge, it will save you calories!!! I'm an ice cream addict too, I can't give it up!!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I just don't buy it anymore. I bought skinny cow, but stopped. It is too artificial, and too much money. I will buy it for special occasions, and then I just get Bryers Natural Icecream.