Anyone doing Keto diet and wants to be my buddy? :)

Options
Looking for Keto Diet buddy xx

Replies

• foxymama427
    foxymama427 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • luqman001
    luqman001 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, im looking for an accountability buddy too. Started the paleo diet. Basically want someone to check up on me and to check up on, either daily or every other day; via skype/whatsapp/facebook.

let me know if you're interested!

im 23/male/need to lose 20 lbs.
    instagram: luq.m
  • Gwlister
    Gwlister Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a buddy. Just restarted keto after a few months of blah. The more folks I see doing keto will help keep me motivated to stick with it.
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me. I've been researching keto and am looking to try it, as well as trying to get back into MFP. Feel free to add me so we can stay on track together :)
  • JBuchananon
    JBuchananon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What is a Keto Diet?
  • donnashopsred
    donnashopsred Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb high fat. I think they are about the same??
  • JBuchananon
    Options
    I was just curious if anyone really understood how a Keto diet actually worked within the body.
  • Ginger_28
    Ginger_28 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    On a very basic level, your body gets trained to burn fat for fuel...and doesn't discriminate between dietary and body fat....resulting in weight loss. Also resulting in more energy, elevated mood, and better overall health...at least thats been my experience. Last time around I lost 30 pounds in two months. This time I have been doing keto for 8 days so far.
  • nerdburglar13
    Options
    I'm doing keto and came here looking for buddies, too =)
  • OneOddOne
    Options
    Paleo diet here, a few years of experience. Looking to lose 60-80 lbs. Feel free to add.
  • lynniewoz
    lynniewoz Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I've restarted my keto diet too. Lost 35# in 3 months last time. Now I'm on day 4, 7# down already. Easiest diet I've ever done. Feel free to add me to review my food log to get ideas for those trying it out!
  • JBuchananon
    Options
    I was hoping to find people who understood the real mechanism of cellular respiration lol. You lose a lot in the beginning due to water. The whole process of depleting the glycogen stores in muscle tissues and in the liver. Why they actually call it a ketosis diet. How to measure your ketones and what range you fall in with the amount of ketones in your body. Instead, everyone just knows it burns fat for fuel.
  • CatCostain
    CatCostain Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New to the keto diet and not sure I completely understand it... Trying to figure out what I'm supposed to be eating.
  • GarryA1987
    GarryA1987 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    JBuchananon - Have a look at the below link, goes into detail and quite useful and motivational

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2ck0fb/how_keto_works_for_the_layman/

I too have just restarted my diet after about 6 months off and will be posting my status updates and food every day, so add if you want support and motivation!
  • sandals121
    sandals121 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    new to keto started last Monday and so far loving it! Would love some keto buddies!
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am on a ketosis based journey, used it years ago for 2 weeks just to drop a bit off, this time I intend to make a one off change to my body.
    9 days into the journey 11lbs down.

So I use protein shake once or twice a day, soup for one meal, smoked salmon strips for lunch, spicy food for dinner. I exercise as well.
    How do you all stay in Ketosis?

Oh and how far up the ketone scale is the best position ?
    Are there any issues with exercising and Ketosis ?
  • djpriddy
    djpriddy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started last Monday as well (1/5/15), and lost 6.2 the 1st week. Would love to have a buddy.
  • BrandonDoom
    BrandonDoom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Keto all day!
    Nou1984 wrote: »
    Looking for Keto Diet buddy xx

• BrandonDoom
    BrandonDoom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Keto buddy right here
    sandals121 wrote: »
    new to Keto started last Monday and so far loving it! Would love some keto buddies!

• BritDillinger
    Options
    Oh, oh! I will be adding everyone from this thread. I will be doing the keto diet as well and would love to be around those who are doing it, too. It's so much better to be in pairs than on our own sometimes. The support is amazing.