Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi is a dvd workout with jillian michaels
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Its a workout DVD by Jillian Michaels. Its has 3 levels of 25 mins exercise programme.

Some people do 10 days on level1. then 10 days on level 2 and 10 days on level 3.

I just pick and choose and try and do it 4 times per week. Defo worth the money (for me anyways).x
  • CatRouth
    CatRouth Posts: 13
    Options
    oh cool thanks for replying! xx
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    I might not be able to give you the best answer but here's a try: it's a workout that's about 20 minutes long that incorporates circuits. So one circuit would be to do a few strength exercises, a few minutes of cardio (jumping jacks, jumping rope that kind of thing) and then abs. Then you repeat. You'll need some small weights for the strength section. There are three levels of workout so as you get stronger you can move up to level 2, then level 3.

I am only on level one right now and I can tell you it's hard!! I worked out on the treadmill or elliptical every day before this and I still find it a big challenge. One thing that I really like about it is that it fits a lot into 20 minutes. Ideally, I would prefer to add the "shred" in addition to my cardio but on those hectic days it's nice to know you at least have time for something.

I can't tell you really anything yet about results but I can tell you that I am very very sore! I hope that helps!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    This is Level 1 and my workout today at the gym but I am going to repeat it all 2 times

3-2-1 Concept Workout
    3 min strength-2 min cardio- 1 min abs

Warm up -Dynamic Stretching > 30 seconds each Repeat Time 6 min <
    Arm Crosses, Arm Circles, Jumping Jacks, Toes Touches, Knee Circles, Jumping jacks

Circuit 1
    Strength:
    Push Up - Regular or Modified 30 seconds
    Chair squat with close grip shoulder Press 1 minute
    Repeat Total 3 min

Cardio:
    Jumping Jacks 30 seconds
    Jumping Rope 30 seconds
    Repeat Total 2 min

Abs:
    Basic Crunch or 3 point crunch 1 min

Circuit 2
    Strength:
    DB Long pull Bent Row in slight squat 30 seconds
    Static Lunge with Bicep curl Lt then Rt 1 min
    Repeat Total 3 min

Cardio:
    Butt Kicks 30 seconds
    Front Punch 30 seconds
    Repeat Total 2 min

Abs:
    Oblique crunch Rt then Lt or X crunch 30/30 seconds

Circuit 3
    Strength:
    Chest Fly DB on Stability Ball 30 seconds
    Alternating Side Lunges with Front Raise 1 min
    Repeat Total 3 min

Cardio:
    Jumping Jacks 30 seconds
    Front Punches 30 seconds
    Butt Kicks 30 seconds
    Jump Rope 30 seconds
    Total 2 min
    Abs:
    Standing Bicycle Crunch or X Crunch 1 min

Workout x 1 Total 18 min

After completing all Circuits go through them again

Total Body Stretch after workout

Total workout time 60 minutes
  • skinnylizzy5
    skinnylizzy5 Posts: 119
    Options
    Oh and, if you buy it on Amazon it's $1 and change for section one (digital copy) so you can see if you like it for a pretty small investment. And you won't have to wait for it to come in the mail :)
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    After seeing so many people using this on this site, I bought it yesterday on a whim from Play.com - £5.49 inc. delivery. I try to cycle to work most days, but if I need my car immediately after, or have something heavy to take, or if it's raining... it's nice to know that this will be something I can do instead - a 20 min workout is not too hard to fit into my lifestyle. Just got to wait for it to arrive now...
  • mosaix
    mosaix Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I picked the DVD up for £5 on amazon if you're interested in getting a copy. Looking forward to starting it. :-)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I just got mine in the mail from Netflix the other day. I planned to start today but started getting sick last night.
    After reading several posts about it, I took my measurements yesterday so that I could check them at the end of the 30 days. The reason is that EVERY post I read from the ones who did it lost several inches.

4433730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I just got mine in the mail from Netflix the other day. I planned to start today but started getting sick last night.
    After reading several posts about it, I took my measurements yesterday so that I could check them at the end of the 30 days. The reason is that EVERY post I read from the ones who did it lost several inches.

4433730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

I didnt know it was on netflix! Thanks! I just added it to my queue! :D