Fit bit jawbone??

Options
Thinking of getting one but anyone use them and what are there thoughts on there devices

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Never used a Jawbone.

I used a Fitbit from April 2013 to early Dec 2014. Loved it. They aren't nessacary for weight loss, but they definitely helped me feel more confident that I wasn't eating to much or to little. It also motivated me to get up and move more. The calorie burn was underestimated for me, but I've heard some people claim that it overestimates for them, so that part is iffy and requires trial and error.

After some bad luck with the Flex model (had used a Zip till Jan 2014...Zip still works but I gave it to my mom...it even went through the wash once), I bought a Garmin Vivofit since it was on sale. The Vivofit looks to give me fewer calories than Fitbit did for similar days. It also has the ability to link to a chest strap HRM for workouts. This feature is nice because it means I don't have to manually log my workouts. I do edit the activity it creates though since I don't like to use 100% of the calorie burn from the HRM. I love the VivoFit itself and at the same time, so far I'm not impressed with Garmin Connect the software that goes with it. I'm giving it until March though, to see if Garmin Connect works through it's issues or if it's a common problem with the software.
  • runningforthetrain
    runningforthetrain Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I received a jawbone for my birthday and am curious to your responses here. I haven't tried it yet.
  • Lablady22
    Lablady22 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've used a few fitbits over the years but recently upgraded the the Charge HR. I'm obsessed with the heart rate monitor for non step based workouts.
  • sezzoh
    sezzoh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ive been using the jawbone up24 since xmas finding it ok....its not a heartrate monitor more a body monitor. I dont use it for calories burnt more to keep me moving and motivated through the day. syncs well with mfp. Sleep mode is quite interesting too.
  • chinita100164
    chinita100164 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Getting my Jawbone up24 today! Can't wait I hope I like it :)