20lb loss by march 1st, anyone in?

Options

Replies

• elizamccormack
    Options
    I forgot to mention planking! If you can manage, it feels great so check it out. Im doing the 39 day plank challenge, too :)
  • isabelconsuegra31
    Options
    I want to join, I'm in an 800 calorie intake
  • EssieStar96
    Options
    I'd love to reach my goal weight of 120 pounds by March! I am 5'1" and currently weigh 141 pounds. The heaviest I've been was 180 pounds. All my life I have been overweight. Anybody that would love to help me reach my goal weight and receive motivation, add me.
  • bethouiseevans
    bethouiseevans Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bit late to the party but I am totally game! I have 50lbs to loose so 20lbs will get a good chunk of that done! Got given a polar ft4 for christmas so hopefully I can keep my calories a bit more accurate!
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I want to join, I'm in an 800 calorie intake

Why are you putting yourself at 800? Is this doctor supervised? It is traditionally very very low.
  • ma5y
    ma5y Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well.

Can anyone tell me how to book mark a thread?
  • Trukngrl
    Options
    First off, having typed in it you should be able to retrieve it from your personal home page/ticker that says all the things you have commented on. Second, if you search the title or see it in the recent topics there is a star - click the star and you can find it that way.
  • dannymurphy1989
    Options
    Yeah.. why not. Wasn't aiming that High but the amount of people on here is so encouraging
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone.

Really sorry but I seem to have picked up the attention of a wee Troll trying to friend me under a made up profile so i'm going to have to stop taking friend requests.
    (i think i got as far as OSU beaver)

I will hopefully be able to keep my profile unless they are already in and ill keep posting here to show im still in it to win it 20Lb's here we go :)

Please keep the thread going i never imagined it would attract so much attention. Im sure you are all going to do great whatever your goal!!

Thanks for all your help so far its really made a big difference.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont stop, keep kicking :smile:

• BEquality
    BEquality Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this, but I seem to have difficulty when I have high weight loss goals for myself, even when I know I am logging my exercise and food intake accurately. Hmm. I will try... I want to lose 100+ pounds this year so I can achieve my main goal.

I wish everyone the best!
  • osu_beaver
    osu_beaver Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    rsjohnb wrote: »
    Hey everyone.

Really sorry but I seem to have picked up the attention of a wee Troll trying to friend me under a made up profile so i'm going to have to stop taking friend requests.
    (i think i got as far as OSU beaver)

To be clear, this OSU Beaver is not the troll. :smile:
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I should not lose that quickly.
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    I'm in! March 1st is my birthday, so 20 pounds lost is a perfect present to myself. I am 310, 290 here I come!
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    I'm in! March 1st is my birthday, so 20 pounds lost is a perfect present to myself. I am 310, 290 here I come!
    Hmm. I seem to have forgotten how months work...I probably won't lose 20 by March 1 but I might. 20 is just a goal, not a requirement - I'll be happy to lose 10 while cheering everyone else on! Has anyone weighed in?
  • windwalker16
    Options
    Let's do this!!
  • JuliannaUnderhill
    Options
    rsjohnb wrote: »
    Hey buddy, FR sent.

My Cal goal is 1600 but I try and hit 1400 cause I end up going a bit nuts at the weekend (makes sense in my head haha)
    Seems so low a calorie goal.

Why not lose slower and do it right? You'll prob be more likely to stick with it, and be happy while doing it.

:)

Actually it may be cool to vary calories. If you hit close to the make every day, day in and day out, your body becomes accustomed to that. I read somewhere that if your keep your bod guessing (like, 1400 calories three days in a row, then 900 calorie day, then a 1200 day, then a weekend blowout of 1800, etc.) your body likes it better and actually loses slightly faster. It kinda makes sense because that is what non dieting life is like. Some days are soup and salad and an early night, some days are wine with friends and a little pumpkin pie. As long as your weekly calorie count is on track, you're good.

Of course I come very close to my calorie goals daily. I'm just not a rule breaker, I guess! But I just started, and I can totally see myself hoarding calories over a week or two so I could have big piece of lasagna and lots of creamy dressing on my salad one night. Whatever works!
  • chelstiel
    chelstiel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Would want to join, 1200 calories per day. 5'4" and 140lbs, after the holiday season. Sucks, haha. Add me, can use friends for motivation. :)
  • angesti_s
    Options
    I wanna join too~
    Aiming At 1200 cal and at least 4 times a week work out :D
  • getsa
    getsa Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Anybody have experience or recommendation on Tabata
  • Trukngrl
    Options
    Welcome those freshly joining into the group. Way to commit to something!! Even if it is a big goal, lots to chew, if you aim for being 99% on program: get your calorie/macro targets and work on your fitness who knows how much we can drop!! Stay focused, it is only a couple months and should get your head in the game!!