Recovery

Options
I'm in recovery after a year and a half of EDNOS. I mainly have anorexic tendencies among binging and purging through excessive exercise. I've had enough of this disorder. I want to get stronger and form stable and healthy eating habits. I know it will be hard, and I'm likely to mess up a few times along the way, but I'm willing to give it my best effort. Any support I can get along the way would be greatly appreciated, and the support would be given back in return.

Replies

• mowkayn
    Options
    Hi lovely, big congrats on making your first few steps into recovery! I've been in the management/recovered stage for almost 1.5 years now and it's been super worth it!

Though there is some support and community for beating ED here, for my recovery and for several others I've met through groups or online, distancing ourselves from calories and measuring was a very important part of healing, and those are hard to avoid on this site. Of course everyone's journey has it's own pace and different ways to arrive there.

I highly recommend http://www.recoveryrecord.com as an additional/alternative way to track, the tumblr recovery community as well as real-world support. Building those solid foundations is great at re-discovering your strength to climb back out again.

Best wishes on your journey to be kinder to yourself :)
  • Lovely2404
    Options
    mowkayn wrote: »
    Hi lovely, big congrats on making your first few steps into recovery! I've been in the management/recovered stage for almost 1.5 years now and it's been super worth it!

Though there is some support and community for beating ED here, for my recovery and for several others I've met through groups or online, distancing ourselves from calories and measuring was a very important part of healing, and those are hard to avoid on this site. Of course everyone's journey has it's own pace and different ways to arrive there.

I highly recommend http://www.recoveryrecord.com as an additional/alternative way to track, the tumblr recovery community as well as real-world support. Building those solid foundations is great at re-discovering your strength to climb back out again.

Best wishes on your journey to be kinder to yourself :)
    Thank you :)

• MelinaBravoPe
    MelinaBravoPe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello dear! I really understand you, believe me. Sometimes these kind of thoughts can't just dissapear with some words from people that doesn't live in your body. But be sure about something, the fortress you are looking for, it's inside of you and just in you. Hope you could get a lot of achievements here and of course, change the sense of your life into a positive and healthy thought.

Much love!