have about 1000 Calories left today. Is it fine if I just skip out on eating?

Options
Like the title says. I just didnt end up eating today until like 3pm so im not really hungry. I feel like its a bad thing to stuff all your calorie count into the end of the day but im not really sure. Let me know thanks :D

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    No it's not fine. You need to eat and does matter if you eat at the end of your day. Food is fuel for your body.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    So you've only had 500 calories today (1500 being the minimum for a male to get all needed nutrients)??
    Or are you talking "net" calories, and you've already eaten to your real calorie goal?

Once in a while, no, it's not a problem to be under your calorie goal.
    If it's a pattern, figure out what the problem is & solve it.

If you're really under your actual calorie goal by so much, for tonight how about having some nuts, or cheese, or an avocado, or a bowl of oatmeal with raisins, or a PBJ...
    Doesn't have to be the full 1000 cal worth, but just get near that 1500 minimum.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    It's only bad if you have issues with heartburn/a family history of esophageal cancer. There is no weight loss reason why you can't eat all your calories at night. (I eat most of mine in the evening too.)

If you're not hungry, don't eat--but don't make a habit out of going to far under or you increase your risk of gallbladder issues and you do not want that.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    BTW, it is o.k. to eat all your food in one meal at the end of the day.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    given your inconsistent logging it's impossible to determine if this is a one time incident of eating well below what an inactive male should eat or if it's a trend.
  • imsquizzy
    Options
    given your inconsistent logging it's impossible to determine if this is a one time incident of eating well below what an inactive male should eat or if it's a trend.

just barely started yesterday, not sure inconsistent you can be with that :open_mouth:
  • imsquizzy
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    So you've only had 500 calories today (1500 being the minimum for a male to get all needed nutrients)??
    Or are you talking "net" calories, and you've already eaten to your real calorie goal?

Once in a while, no, it's not a problem to be under your calorie goal.
    If it's a pattern, figure out what the problem is & solve it.

If you're really under your actual calorie goal by so much, for tonight how about having some nuts, or cheese, or an avocado, or a bowl of oatmeal with raisins, or a PBJ...
    Doesn't have to be the full 1000 cal worth, but just get near that 1500 minimum.

Lol no, I had some carne asada fries which was like 1,000 calories, then did a light jog which burned just under 200 calories. Im just gonna eat. Everyones yelling at me that I should :neutral_face:
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    No one is yelling, we are trying to help:)
  • aneesto
    aneesto Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I know eating loads in the evening is counterproductive since by not eating enough during the day you're running down your body and in the evening you're kicking a laying dog with a tonne of calories to be digested when you're body is already getting ready to sleep and metabolism slows down significantly. Once in a while it's ok to do so, but thats how belly fat grows.
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    If I have a lot to eat still, and I'm tired and wanna sleep, I'll have as much as I comfortably can and go to sleep. I won't force feed myself. If you weren't hungry that day, it's okay if you haven't eaten much. One day isn't going to screw you up - just try not to do it frequently.
  • Jams009
    Jams009 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't happen too often you'll be fine.
  • Metazoick
    Metazoick Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Eat whenever works for you. There are people who swear you have to eat 6 equal meals in the day and nothing past 6pm, and there are those who think you should just eat one giant pile of food in one sitting and be done with it.
    Ultimately the best schedule for you is the one that you do, where you eat at the times you're hungry. Eating at night isn't magically worse than the day, and eating certain amounts in x number of sittings isn't that big a deal. The main thing is just to eat enough for you in that day, and if you're a little under or over simply eat a little more/less the next day to balance it out.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    imsquizzy wrote: »

just barely started yesterday, not sure inconsistent you can be with that :open_mouth:

If you are new, then try and be consistent. 1000 calories is quite a lot to forego, if its a one off I wouldnt worry, but you shouldnt make it a habit becayse your body needs nutrition.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    aneesto wrote: »
    I know eating loads in the evening is counterproductive since by not eating enough during the day you're running down your body and in the evening you're kicking a laying dog with a tonne of calories to be digested when you're body is already getting ready to sleep and metabolism slows down significantly. Once in a while it's ok to do so, but thats how belly fat grows.

Uhhh... No.

Just.

No
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    It's really not a good idea. Figure out why you aren't hungry and deal with that. Then eat.