I need to lose 200 lbs

Options
2»

Replies

• losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm down 40 with more than 100 to go. I weigh every morning (to keep myself accountable), but I "officially" weigh on Wednesday and record it. I also use walking as my primary exercise (3-5 times a week) and am trying to get back to weightlifting. My husband and I had been lifting together at home 3x a week using a beginner's strength plan, but we have been off track since Christmas. I hope we will get back to it on Monday because I miss it...the superwoman feeling, the tightness in muscles, the muscles I can see peeking through, and the hope I have that the muscles I am working on will fill the void in my skin after the fat is gone. Even when I hate it (which I do sometimes while I'm doing it), I love it and highly recommend it!

Good luck to you!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I started out with 200 lbs to lose as well. About 80 left to go.
    I weigh weekly. I prefer it that way as the daily fluctuations drive me crazy.
    I don't do measurements on any kind of set schedule… but it averages out to be monthly. That works well for me.
    I take pics whenever I want! But I have found I get the best (meaning the most encouraging) comparisons by doing it every four months. If I do it much more often than that the changes are small enough that I don't really notice them.
    Good luck!
  • Cinderella_82
    Cinderella_82 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi MoLLiy,
    first of all I wish you all the best for your journey. :-)
    For me it is very motivating to measure my scope at different parts of my body for example waist, stomach, hip. Even if you don't lost weight one week you might lose scope. It is a good motivation for hard weeks.
    Feel free to add me if you need friends for support.