Gaining back weight

Options
misroz31
misroz31 Posts: 17 Member
I need help, I have been eating right and exercising. It has been almost two weeks, the first week I lost 3.6, 176.4 pounds down from 180. I weighed myself this morning and I gained back already. Please look at my diary and tell me what may be going on. I do gain muscle easily and I am doing Turbo Fire which consists of a lot of jumping and high intensity cardio. Should I still add in weight training as well? I eat 1600 calories a day. Thanks guys

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi. I looked at your diary. You have made healthier choices I think now what you should focus on more is weaning out some of your processed foods that are higher in sodium for more fresh veggies and fruits.

Adding strength training is a must if you want to cut fat while building lean muscle (toning). Look into circuit training. Its a mixture of cardio and strength training.
  • Ibe_Theninja
    Options
    and don't forget muscle weighs more than fat.... you are doing great keep it up!!!
  • Dawntodusk
    Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    When did you start exercising? If it's recent, it's normal to gain a couple of pounds when you start a new routine. Give it a couple of weeks, and it'll go back down. It happened to me - I gained almost 3 pounds, but then it went down - and more.
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    and don't forget muscle weighs more than fat.... you are doing great keep it up!!!

No it doesn't. It more dense but it weighs the same.
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    Reduce your calorie intake. :)

I noticed some days you've eaten around 2000 calories, which is heaps.

It's really not necessary to eat back everything you've burned. You'll just end up maintaining your weight, rather than losing it.
  • misroz31
    Options
    "whateverdammit" I weigh 180 and I burn 800-1000 calories a day. If I lower my calories, won't that take me into starvation mode?

Also as far as the progessed foods, I normally don't log my veggies every time I log because they are not that many calories. So this weight gain is normal then? I will have to only do turbo fire 3 days instead of 6 and the other 3 days do weight training I guess
  • BigBoneSista
    Options
    "whateverdammit" I weigh 180 and I burn 800-1000 calories a day. If I lower my calories, won't that take me into starvation mode?

Also as far as the progessed foods, I normally don't log my veggies every time I log because they are not that many calories. So this weight gain is normal then? I will have to only do turbo fire 3 days instead of 6 and the other 3 days do weight training I guess

LMAO!! No don't lower your calories just yet. But yeah add strength training. You could do the ChaLean Extreme/Turbo Fire Hybrid. On some days your sodium is really high. For us (people of color) we should only consume 1500 mg of sodium a day. Sodium will also make retain water. Oh an on another note when you add strength training your muscle will retain water in the beginning but then it will release and you will see a nice loss.
  • misroz31
    Options
    thanks all and thanks Desirai, your results are amazing, can I send a friend request?