100 pounds to lose, need supportive friends for long term fitness!

Options
Hi, I'm Teddi and I am just restarting my fitness journey. I lost weight previously and gained some of it back, now I'm ready to get back to work and would like some active and supportive friends to share encouragement and motivation with. I am still needing to lose around 100 pounds so this will be a long journey for me! Everyone is welcome to add me as a friend, the more the merrier!

Replies

• harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! I am also keeping a goal for long-term fitness and healthy eating. I will send you a friend request on here and we can keep each other motivated and also offer support. Also, we can check in on each other's progress. All the best! :)
  • shmay620
    Options
    Hello! I have 60 pounds I want to lose as well. I am new to this so not exactly sure what I am doing here but will try to keep you supported and motivated as much as possible! Good luck!
  • lisahulsizer
    lisahulsizer Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have over 100 pounds to lose too! Add me and we can support each other! :)
  • Arianemarie123
    Arianemarie123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey there.

I'm in a similar boat. I have around 100, give or take more to lose. Feel free to add me everyone. :)
  • Acacia2India
    Acacia2India Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi Teddi!

I'm Acacia and I have over 100 to lose as well. Welcome to the site :)

There's a great bunch of people on here and you are not alone! Feel free to add me.

There's very popular thread going that started recently where you'll find a lot of people in a similar place: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10034004/100-pounds-to-loose-lets-all-talk#latest

How did you lose weight before?
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello I would like to add me Please feel free.
  • TeddiRoseHouston
    TeddiRoseHouston Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Previously I lost about 60 pounds by eating healthy and exercise. I had a period of pretty bad depression due to my personal life and ended up gaining back some weight. I am now back up to around 300 pounds and ready to get back to work on myself
  • Papatoad194
    Papatoad194 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You;re on a good start to map your success. I too need to lose about 105 lbs. I can look scare, just take it one day at a time.
  • pearl21jul1
    Options
    Hey! How are you? I'm in the same exact boat I have absolutely no one working with me right now except my trainer at my gym she is amazing. I'm looking for new people to talk to as well thank you for posting.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Hi Teddi Rose, sent you a friend request. I will be here a while. This is definitely my year to get this job done. I am not working right now, so I am dedicating my self to make it my job to get healthy and move more. I love to cook and bake, so I am always looking for tasty meals with lots of color and flavor, high density, but low in calories. I often post pictures of my meals on facebook, which drives my husband crazy, but helps me stay accountable to my online friends. You wouldn't want them to see you posting fattening foods when you are supposed to be all about getting fit, right? Anyways, I am here for moral support and need support myself, as it will be a long haul.
  • Behindthesehazeleyes96
    Options
    Same here restarting !!!
  • pjcarte
    Options
    Me too add me. We can do this together
  • danielle_nicole3130
    Options
    I am starting my weight loss regiment as well! Add me and let's do this!!
  • lorbie49
    lorbie49 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I lost 135 pounds 2 years ago...gained back 30 of them this year :( I still would like to lose 100 to get to my goal. Anyone can add me...I need some help with accountability! I am having trouble logging consistently! I will get to goal this time :)
  • switchbladesister
    switchbladesister Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a little over 100 pounds to lose as well. Good luck, I know you can do it :)
  • trinamaeluvzu
    Options
    Hi there I'd like to lose around 125 I'm doing low carb. High protein shakes. U can add me if u want
  • NickDuffy
    NickDuffy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you have any questions or want some FREE (always) ADVICE drop me a message on my facebook page, I've helped plenty of female, men loose body-fat.

As you want the best for yourself a few pointers.

1) PTs, being a PT just means you've passed an exam.. there are thousands and thousands of poor educated and basically "*kitten*" personal trainers who will take away your progression from yourself.

2) Weight-watchers etc... these aren't as good as you may think, my mother for example had been doing these for years.. yet within 6 months, lost 2 stone of pure body-fat without even exercising (she cannot)... endless simple sugar, fruit etc.. and other things may seem good, but not always...

3) Surround yourself with POSITIVE people for your goals, and reduce NEGATIVE people.. someone else I helped who was 26 stone, now 15 stone and quite muscular, always told me how difficult it is as his so called "friends" always tried to get him to eat what they eat, crap all time and telling him he's wasting his time and never could look like "the picture he showed me" now, hes gone beyond his expectations and loves living a healthier life and has stopped various medicines because of his major health improvements.

3) Social Media for motivation, facebook pages, instagram etc.. can be a very useful tool to bring yourself into a more positive light in motivation, instagram espically. If you don't already, you should check it out for yourself.

A final more 'deep' point in regards to EVERYTHING in life.. Always remember, everyone dies in the end... so if you want to get to "somewhere" stop wasting your time, making excuses and get working towards it. The more you realise / take on board this, the more you'll wish to achieve your dreams whether your body, career, etc... "I'll start monday", start "Today", make it happen!

Regards,
    Nick Duffy

Fire me any questions on my fitness page publcity or privately and I'll gladly give my opinion and educated advise.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nick-Duffy-Fitness/456008397795732
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am on here daily, log my food and my diary is open x
  • mtikky
    mtikky Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've lost 100lbs so far having started at over 20 stone. Well done for coming on here, I'm logging daily and have a diary open to friends. The journey is just starting for you :)
  • karenh
    karenh Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Restarting again too! I want to lose 68 lbs...but I'm only 5'1" tall! Add me...I plan to be here for the long haul!