High protein diet, need more fiber - suggestions?

Options
2»

Replies

• 2131Train
    2131Train Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fiber supplement.
  • togmo
    togmo Posts: 257
    Options
    Another easy fibre filler is chicknuts. I make my own every so often and they are very high in fibre and a good source of protein and an easy snack you can eat whenever you want.

Just put a couple of cans of well drained and rinsed chickpeas into a bowl, add some seasoning (anything really, even just a peri peri or cajun mix or something pre-made works) and a Tablespoon of oil and mix. Throw them on a lined tray in a moderate oven for about 45 minutes until crispy (I like some of mine to be a little tender on the inside but they won't keep as long) and put them on some paper towel to drain and cool. Put them in an airtight container and I find they keep for a couple weeks. Eat when ready as a snack - goes great together with nuts or popcorn as a snack too.
  • budgirl9
    budgirl9 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Fiber gourmet pasta is great! 1 serving has 20gm fiber and 7 gm protein. Only 120 cal.
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I add dark leafy greens to lots of my meals - scrambled eggs or omelet, add spinach. Smoothies or shake - add kale. Sauteed veggies - add more spinach. I also drink domatcha tea, which contains some fiber, and once in a while I'll add Amazing Greens to my smoothies, along with chia seeds.