abusive relationship = 50ibs ):

Options
Harleyy3
Harleyy3 Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Im 21 needing to loose 50ibs that I gained from being depressed in an abusive relationship. My ex would tell me how ugly and fat I was And those words would just sink in my head and over come my thoughts. I got so depressed and kept gaining weight. I've become so anit-social and don't remember what it's like to feel comfortable in my own skin. So Im here looking for a work out buddy or people to keep me motivated..

Replies

• katekc22
    katekc22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You've got this! It's a new year and a great time to get where you want to be! Ive got about 40 pounds to lose and its struggle! But I'm ready to have self confidence and be happy and comfortable in my own body! Good luck on your journey you can do it!
  • Harleyy3
    Options
    Thanks so much. Good luck @katekc22‌
  • TinaTimTam
    TinaTimTam Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well it seems like you've taken the first step by making ur bf ur ex. And second step by joining MFP. There are a lot of great people here that will help you with dieting tips and exercise and support and motivate you. You can do this girl
  • Harleyy3
    Options
    Thanks @celestina2703‌ And yea Im glad he's gone. But Im really trying to be motivated and block those words out
  • TinaTimTam
    Options
    You can do it trust me. Just push yourself everyday a bit harder and challenge yourself. You got this
  • Harleyy3
    Options
    I deff will @celestina2703‌ I deserve to feel good about Myself. Actually we all deserve to feel good about ourselves. (:
  • TinaTimTam
    Options
    You got that right girl
  • Merydan
    Options
    Dont listen to anyone about how u look like because what thatll do is destroy

Just remember to stay strong,healthy,and fit
    I wish u good luck on ur journey
  • CandaceD306
    Options
    I admire your strength to push forward and look for healthy wats to get back to who you were!! What better way to heal!!
  • TreeGrace24
    TreeGrace24 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hey Harleyy3, I am also picking myself up after a toxic relationship. I know how those negative things that were said can stick in your head and try to hold you back. You have to recognize the things in your life that YOU can control. Unfortunately, there are people who have come into our lives and hurt us. All we can do is know who we are and what we deserve. That's your motivation. You! As I am mine! Let's do this together. I am going to lose 25 pounds by summer!
  • mowkayn
    Options
    Congrats on already making so many positive choices! :)

Wishing you the best on your journey in re-learning to be kinder to yourself
  • romanticfantasy
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it girl don't give up I'm in similar situation having to lose 40 lbs myself I'm an emotional eater and due to depression and stress gained so much when I used to weigh 118 miss those days XD I used to be an abusive relationship so I know how it can be but you got yourself out and now it's time to create the beautiful you you've always been :)
  • Harleyy3
    Options
    Thanks so much to everyone for the kind words of motivation
  • Sagenettle
    Sagenettle Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can do this, and you certainly deserve to be happy, especially with yourself. Just know that his words were not based on truth, they were based on controlling you. Now that he's gone his words have no power. Try to believe that. I know how hard it is to try to better yourself when you're depressed, it's really easy to get into the mentality of "why does any of this even matter?" All you can do is try your hardest to get through it, just take one day at a time and you'll get there!
  • MyName83
    MyName83 Posts: 23 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @Harleyy3‌ I had "friends" in my life last year that made me very unhappy and took pleasure in upsetting me! I got rid of them and I only surround myself with people who are positive and want to spend time with me as well as wanting to make time for them, you can do 2015 feels like a ver positive year so GOOD LUCK XX ps feel free to add me x
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Use the anger to drive you forward in the gym and become a better version of yourself. consistency is key, keep at it and I'm sure you'll be fit again in no time.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I know how that feels. What motivated me to keep going was the fact that all my classmates in high school used to tease me for being so ugly and fat. I know you can do it! :-)
  • Harleyy3
    Options
    Thanks again to you all your all so kind and motivating
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    You are a beautiful young woman and well rid of this person.
    I am sorry you were abused this way. Know that you are worthy of being respected and do this for yourself, you are so worth it!
  • tracys74
    Options
    Hi harley,I know how it feels getting called those names it's really hard to block it and move on, but like anything else you take it one day at a time and just be strong...