Calorie Burning while Snow Busting-Tell us how many cals and

Options
To those living in the snow storm states today.... Are you out there snow blowing? Or snow shoveling? I just got done with 90 minutes of snow blowing heavy snow and wanted calories burned credit for it but could only find snow shoveling in the MFP exercise data base.I found this site which calculates everyday exercise /activity that you may not find in MFP and then you can enter it into your exercise database on MFP. It calculates calories based on your weight and length of the activity. Look up Everdayhealth.com to look up calories you burned snow blowing heavy snow.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/calories-burned-snowblowing

List your state and how many calories you burned today busting that snow by either shoveling or snow blowing!

Minnesota: 530 calories burned for 90 minutes of snow blowing!:noway:

Replies

• firmie
    Options
    I was also curious as to how many calories I burnt this a.m. digging my car out and shoveling 100 ft. of walkways. Pheww!! 45 minutes and 443 calories.
  • doriday
    doriday Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Firmie- Didn't you feel like you had a great work out! Where are you from?
  • renate1958
    renate1958 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Posts like yours infuriate me because I went to your link and even filled everything out and could find nothing!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    renate1958 wrote: »
    Posts like yours infuriate me because I went to your link and even filled everything out and could find nothing!

Well, to be fair, it's been 4 years.