Worst.recipe.ever.

Options
Trukngrl
Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
What is the worst recipe someone has given you or convinced you to try?? Maybe you even got sucked into a fad diet menu??

Egg banana pancakes got me...really, texture and all...blech!

Replies

• jessakittyis
    jessakittyis Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Egg/ banana pancakes always seem not to bad to me but I tried protein powder pancakes once... Never again... They were like rubber covered in syrup. I'd rather have a real pancake any day!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza crust! Dear lord... that was FOUL.
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Applesauce muffins. Ugh. I couldn't face a muffin for weeks.
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    some kind of horrific supposed dessert using ricotta cheese... still makes me gag justing thinking about that first taste!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Snooozie wrote: »
    some kind of horrific supposed dessert using ricotta cheese... still makes me gag justing thinking about that first taste!

You made it wrong.

Ricotta Pie > Cheesecake

• Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower potatoes. It's a scam.
  • Trukngrl
    Options
    Is it sad I think i have tried each one listed so far??! Man, people do some crazy stuff with perfectly good food.
  • ultimatekatie
    ultimatekatie Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    One of those mug oatmeal egg muffin things. It was rubberized crap!!
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was going to say cauliflower potatoes as well. Nasty!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    pickle soup
  • GB333
    GB333 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mashed cauliflower!!! You all are crazy. :wink:
  • Trukngrl
    Options
    Awww I love pickle soup, and mashed cauliflower isn't bad, it just shouldn't be called cauliflower potatoes...it isn't, that's ok. Just leave it be people!!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    trust me... this blob of paste didn't resemble any self respecting cheesecake I've ever known LOL (and I've known many.. :p ) haaaaaaaaa
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I've been served "lasagna" that has cottage cheese where ricotta is supposed to be. I'm of Sicilian heritage, and that does *not* work for me! Blargh!
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Anything that is supposed to be a replacement for anything else. Just call it what it is! Mashed cauliflower is yummy, but don't tell me it is "just like mashed potatoes!" LIES!!!
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Soooo many.

Anything with cauliflower disguised as something else (potatoes, mainly).

Fish tacos. I just tried these this week with a Bobby Flay recipe. Pretty easy recipe, lots of spices/flavors used, smelled good...tasted like nothing. I had to add extra salt just to get some flavor out of it. It wasn't gross, it was just very bland despite the marinade.

Any recipe that includes thyme.

I also hated the egg/banana pancakes. I hate any pancake recipe that includes banana. I like eating bananas, but hot mushy banana in what's supposed to be a pancake grosses me out. It overpowers all of the other flavors. Nasty.

As for protein pancakes, I've tried a lot of nasty ones, but I have a couple recipes that are great.
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Egg/ banana pancakes always seem not to bad to me but I tried protein powder pancakes once... Never again... They were like rubber covered in syrup. I'd rather have a real pancake any day!

this
  • Firekeeper66
    Firekeeper66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Zoodles. I really WANTED to like them. I managed to choke them down but I won't be rushing to make them again.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Vegetti doesn't make spaghetti out of vegetables, it's just shredded vegetables.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Anything Quinoa....Vomit.